Wyoming NR Elk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wyoming NR Elk

Is this right? They're proposing the application deadline be January 31, but we have to wait until June for the results?

I'm not sure if they'll have a public comment period, but just a heads up on what they're proposing.

Here's the online comment link:

The Department welcomes comments regarding proposed changes to regulations.  Questions about proposed regulation changes should be directed to Department Regional Offices.  No individual Department response will be generated from questions submitted through this commenting forum.   To ensure the Commission receives your comment before their scheduled meeting, select the correct link below for the regulation that is open for comment.  NOTE: The online commenting system has an 8,000-character limit.  
    Last edited by bigchiefj; 04-30-2019, 12:01 PM. Reason: Add Online Comment Link

Sure seems that way, not a fan of that at all.

Comment

Yes, sounds like it's going to happen. I am glad I got drawn this year, so I have 7 months to prepare for the hunt, not 3.

Comment

PSA, Wyoming's the one where you can't hunt wilderness as a non-res without a guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
          PSA, Wyoming's the one where you can't hunt wilderness as a non-res without a guide.
          Yessir, Wyoming is probably the worst elk state in the West. I wouldn't waste my time. Colorado is much better...and closer too.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
            Yessir, Wyoming is probably the worst elk state in the West. I wouldn't waste my time. Colorado is much better...and closer too.
            Ha, ha I see what you did.
            The outfitters association pushed for the Jan 31 application deadline, they knew the draw date was moving up to May 31.
            The G&F needs the draw to happen after they set the season quotas, not before, that is why it moved and for the best.
            It does seem crazy you have that early of an app deadline but thank the outfitters for that. They still want to lock in your money before the other states application deadlines.
            Also noted NR will be guaranteed the entire quota set aside for you, if less LQ tags are applied for than allocated, the number of general tags will be raised to the quota.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
              I mean, it seems great... if you need a guide.

Comment

If this will help my odds of getting drawn, I'm all for it. I'm tired of getting a preference point every year and every year it takes one more to get drawn. I cant catch up.

Comment

If you go to the Wyoming Game and Fish Department website, the online comment period is open.

Nonresident elk draw – The proposed modify/withdraw date is May 8. The application period will remain the month of January. Tentatively, the draw results will be released prior to the close of the deer and antelope application deadline in May.

The Wyoming Game and Fish Department comment period is still open for public input on many Wyoming Game and Fish Commission regulations. The deadline to submit comments is 5 p.m. June 17. Written comments shall be presented to the Game and Fish Commission prior to the public hearing at their July 18-19, 2019 meeting in Rock Springs. Individuals can also provide comments directly to the Commission at their July meeting.
                  Last edited by bigchiefj; 06-11-2019, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Yuck. I hate WY.. Can't wait till I finally get my Elk tag and can skip that app

Comment

Yep, you better burn them then stay down in Colorado for a great hunt. Oh wait, they have major changes to the seasons coming up.
                      Hummmm.............

Comment

Working...
                      X