DIY Aoudad Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Aoudad Hunt

Looking for where to start on a DIY Aoudad hunt in West Texas. Has anyone on here done this? Any information you can give would be greatly appreciated. I have looked at guided hunts, but they are so expensive.

Thank you in Advance.

Its the "in" thing right now, so prices are super inflated unfortunately.

Try Mike with WTHO, he has or had some DIY opportunities. Other than that, I'd go to New Mexico and do it DIY.

Comment

http://www.huntaoudad.com/about/

Comment

Look at paloduro canyon public hunting, think there has been a few guys on here in last couple week/months that have done it and done it successfully. But that's the trick getting a tag and finding the sheep.

Comment

OTC in New Mexico?

Comment

I am in the same boat. I really want to hunt an Aoudad with a bow pretty bad... but seems like the demand is high and so the prices are also high. I'll just have to wait it out or wait for a good deal to pop-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
              OTC in New Mexico?
              this

Comment

I had a party of 5 forfeit there hunt due to no deposit received for a self guided Aoudad hunt on the Van Horn Ranch (on my website) in the mid September to mid October time frame of 2019 (Rut). These hunts are now available for a DIY hunt. 5 days is $1995 each. Can also do the November ...

There ya go.

Comment

As mentioned Mike with WTHO has DIY opportunities, and his hunters seem to have fair success.

Comment

Don't forget Amistad. If you have a boat/kayak/canoe, you can hunt 'em with a $20 permit. Sergio, you trying to keep that place to yourself? LOL. Very difficult to hunt on public but price is right. Can you buy a permit right now during the shutdown?

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                      Don't forget Amistad. If you have a boat/kayak/canoe, you can hunt 'em with a $20 permit. Sergio, you trying to keep that place to yourself? LOL. Very difficult to hunt on public but price is right. Can you buy a permit right now during the shutdown?
                      Shhhhhh!!!!!!!!

They can go there and you can be successful but chances are beyond small. Once you factor in gas and other incidentals plus vacation time for a few trips to get one, if you’re lucky, I think I’d rather go to Mike’s places and up the chances with a rifle in my hands.

If the OP is ok with maybe never getting one and lots of frustration then Amistad if you’re place .

Solo Hunter filmed a few episodes DIY with Mike if you want to get a feel for one of the places.

Comment

Luck

My brother lucked out and shot this one on my mom's place. We've caught them occasionally on camera but this is the first time either of us saw one in the flesh.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Our place borders devils river park we have lots of aoudad . I dont charge to much send me text 432-208-9584

Comment

http://www.mckennaranch.com/location.html. this place is pretty cheap I have never hunted it but drove through it several times may check k them out

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                              My brother lucked out and shot this one on my mom's place. We've caught them occasionally on camera but this is the first time either of us saw one in the flesh.

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X