Elk spotting scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk spotting scope

How many of you guys take a spotting scope on your archery elk hunts? I know that some of this depends on the terrain, but I’m more curious carry weight. Is that juice worth the squeeze?

Are you packing in and out for multiple days? If so, I’d take the best quality binos (10x50 or greater) and a light tripod. If it’s day packs in and out I’d go with a spotter and tripod.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
      Are you packing in and out for multiple days? If so, I’d take the best quality binos (10x50 or greater) and a light tripod. If it’s day packs in and out I’d go with a spotter and tripod.
      Agreed!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Where I hunt it's too thick for a spotter. I carry auto focusing binos.

Comment

Most of my Canadian buddies rely on good binoculars while in the field. They generally keep their other glass in the truck and use exclusively scouting while driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

No spotter, binos only. Sometimes I even carry my smaller 8x25s if we 're hunting thick timber.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
              No spotter, binos only. Sometimes I even carry my smaller 8x25s if we 're hunting thick timber.
              No spotter for weight reasons or is it more because hard to spot long distance and close in with a bow.

Comment

JMO, and I’m no expert, but in September not for me. Where I’ve hunted is too thick for use. Most of the time when I’ve carried the spotter it stays in camp or truck. Like you mentioned, it really depends on terrain.

Comment

Working...
                X