No announcement yet.

Fencing Pliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knipex for cutting! Awesome tool for old sore hands like mine.

Comment

This is the one I always used.

Comment

Keep a pair in my truck. Never know when you might need them.

Comment

I cut all my wires ahead of time using a small pair of cutters, but I like to use a pair of (small) vice-grip locking pliers to tie them. I have small hands and the vice grips with their locking mechanisms tend not to slip on me.

Comment

I have a bucket of fencing tools that I carry in my truck.

I have a pair of Channellock, and a pair of DeWalt fencing pliers. Both are good. The MM pliers are great, maybe I could justify them if I built fence every day for a living.

I also carry a cheap pair of 9" lineman pliers. Not about to leave my Kleins out in the weather.

I have a couple of wire twisting tools, and a fancy clip tool with a hinge in it.

There is also a pair of loppers, a handsaw, a hatchet and a machete in the bucket.

I use a come along and a cheap havens grip for stretching wire. One of these days I'm gonna pony up and get a good one from Klein.

I spray paint all my tools bright orange, so when I set them down or drop them, I can find them again.

Comment

Klein lineman here but I don’t deal with wood staples

Comment

Originally posted by texaspyro21 View Post
                Crescent makes the red handed ones with the split nose.
                My favorite

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                  I'm sure the OP has found some pliers by now.......

Oh well......They are not a do-all tool like the moore-makers or channel lock brands, but they are definetly a needed tool and make work easier. These really save your hands when putting in a full day.

The Knipex parallel jaw pliers make cutting Hi-Tensile wire a breeze. These high quality pliers really make fence building easy. They have a sure grip and don't require a large hand to operate them.

Yes!! Those cut like butter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Moore maker and Knipex...worth it

Comment

Working...
                    X