Trade hog hunt, for Alaska hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade hog hunt, for Alaska hunt?

No affiliations, just saw the add, and thought I would pass it along. Seems like a good deal if true.

That's interesting. I've got land and hogs.

Comment

Interesting.....Could be cold/snowing up there after deer season....even in Ketchikan...

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I reached out to this guy and it seems like a great situation for both of us! I'm planning an early September kayak fishing/paddling with the whales trip. He is coming to my honey hole hog spot after deer season. This is just one more reason that I love TBH!

Comment

That’s awesome! Good luck up there

Comment

Originally posted by Treeshark View Post
            Thanks for the tip! I reached out to this guy and it seems like a great situation for both of us! I'm planning an early September kayak fishing/paddling with the whales trip. He is coming to my honey hole hog spot after deer season. This is just one more reason that I love TBH!
            Did this ever happen?

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
              Did this ever happen?
              Man did it happen! I cut the deal with the guy, who has now become a great friend and land investment partner. I originally took 3 college friends to Ketchikan and stayed for a week on the island across from Ketchikan in Howard’s cabin. We had a blast fishing and kayaking. The next fall Howard came to hunt my land and he loved it and was very successful hunting. He liked it so much that on his return the following fall he wanted to buy hunting land here. I found an excellent spot for him to look at and after we walked the property the hair on the back of our necks was standing up!!! This place was crawling with hogs and deer. He wanted to buy it but needed a partner to pull it off, he asked me to partner. That wasn’t even on my radar. I wasn’t even considering such. After much tire kicking and with the blessing of my amazing wife, we bought what I believe to be the best 64 acre tract in our county. It is surrounded by some great neighbors with larger acreage who manage for big deer and all wildlife. My buddy Howard from Ketchikan AK is passionate about hog hunting and I am passionate about Big Whitetails. This place seems to be the perfect fit for us both. I thank God daily for this amazing situation and I still can hardly believe I own this beautiful piece of Van Zandt county. It wouldn’t have happened without TBH.

Comment

That’s a Great Story.

Comment

And thank you Mad Hatter for posting the original link!

Comment

Originally posted by Treeshark View Post
                    Man did it happen! I cut the deal with the guy, who has now become a great friend and land investment partner. I originally took 3 college friends to Ketchikan and stayed for a week on the island across from Ketchikan in Howard’s cabin. We had a blast fishing and kayaking. The next fall Howard came to hunt my land and he loved it and was very successful hunting. He liked it so much that on his return the following fall he wanted to buy hunting land here. I found an excellent spot for him to look at and after we walked the property the hair on the back of our necks was standing up!!! This place was crawling with hogs and deer. He wanted to buy it but needed a partner to pull it off, he asked me to partner. That wasn’t even on my radar. I wasn’t even considering such. After much tire kicking and with the blessing of my amazing wife, we bought what I believe to be the best 64 acre tract in our county. It is surrounded by some great neighbors with larger acreage who manage for big deer and all wildlife. My buddy Howard from Ketchikan AK is passionate about hog hunting and I am passionate about Big Whitetails. This place seems to be the perfect fit for us both. I thank God daily for this amazing situation and I still can hardly believe I own this beautiful piece of Van Zandt county. It wouldn’t have happened without TBH.
                    Dang!!
                    That's unbelievable and amazing all at the same time .
                    If you ever need a extra, on one of the fishing trips up there, I'm your huckleberry .

Comment

Awesome story.

Alaskans are just cold Texans anyways

Comment

Wow. Crazy how this turned out.

Comment

Wow!!! Good stuff

Comment

That’s good stuff!

Comment

Congrats and thanks for updating. Now I wish I would have called him, but I don’t trust Craigslist

Comment

Working...
                              X