Hagerman Segment B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
    Fight thru the rain! These are the moments you've missed sleep over. Them grandpas fixin to be movin!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Yessir!!! [emoji95][emoji109][emoji95]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slow&Steady View Post
      Looks like there was only one doe killed this morning. Tough hunt this segment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Wow, that is tough.

Comment

well the 30min after the rain were interesting.
        got to draw on different does twice within 5min.
        first never turned right for a shot, 2nd would not slow down in shooting lane

Comment

Anybody have a count on how many hunters in each unit? Good luck everybody that is sticking it out. Their have been a few big ones killed on Sunday evenings.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
            I passed a high 130s 8 pt yesterday morning. Mature buck just not what I’m looking for. Passed a young 12 pt yesterday evening. 130ish and future monster if he can survive. Today was slow but did pass a 130” 8 pt. Looked like a 3-4 yr old. Hopefully the weather change will get the big ones moving. Tons of pigs and turkeys.
            Good for you. There are monsters lurking.

Comment

Originally posted by boomerball View Post
              well the 30min after the rain were interesting.
              got to draw on different does twice within 5min.
              first never turned right for a shot, 2nd would not slow down in shooting lane
              Ouch......that stings!!!

Comment

I’m giving it one last try. I’m not super confident but it can all change in seconds...

Comment

Y’all got this!!!! I hope there’s a lot of hunters out there. I know my last hunt out there Sunday was a little scarce of hunters.

Comment

I’m in southern Grayson and just took the dog outside, it’s chilly out there! Wish I was in a tree!

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonV View Post
                      Y’all got this!!!! I hope there’s a lot of hunters out there. I know my last hunt out there Sunday was a little scarce of hunters.

I am going to guess 20...maybe 25 diehards are still hunting.

After 10 years of hunting there between 2000 and 2016 I know how tough it is.

I have not posted this in a few years. This is dedicated to the hunters that are toughing it out until last light today.

Day 3
                      Sore bodies and tired eyes are the rule of the day
                      It is the price that you have to pay
                      Its day three in a Hagerman tree

Some hunters have moved, some have called it quits
                      The die hards are planning to make all day sits

Should I stay or should I move my stand
                      These mind bending questions are always at hand

Those free pass does are just out of range
                      Everyone is hoping that their luck will change

For the first time hunters…now you know
                      It’s the toughest deer hunt you will do with a bow

And just as you thought of heading to the truck
                      You get a glimpse of that Hail Mary buck

When the sun sets today and you are packing out your gear
                      You will be hoping for the chance to come back here

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                        I am going to guess 20...maybe 25 diehards are still hunting.

After 10 years of hunting there between 2000 and 2016 I know how tough it is.

I have not posted this in a few years. This is dedicated to the hunters that are toughing it out until last light today.

Day 3
                        Sore bodies and tired eyes are the rule of the day
                        It is the price that you have to pay

Some hunters have moved, some have called it quits
                        The die hards are planning to make all day sits

Should I stay or should I move my stand
                        These mind bending questions are always at hand

Those free pass does are just out of range
                        Everyone is hoping that their luck will change

For the first time hunters…now you know
                        It’s the toughest deer hunt you will do with a bow

And just as you thought of heading to the truck
                        You get a glimpse of that Hail Mary buck

When the sun sets today and you are packing out your gear
                        You will be hoping for the chance to come back here
                        I’m buckled in and will be here until dark. Thanks for the uplifting words. I got a golden ticket for next year and can’t wait to be back. There is no doubt it’s a hard hunt but there is something to say about hunting the caliber of deer that live at Hagerman. My buddy who was drawn with me this year had an encounter with a true giant at 20 yards this morning. He wasn’t able to seal the deal and it rattled him to the point he went home. Keep your head on a swivel boys they are here.

Comment

Originally posted by Null90 View Post
                          I’m buckled in and will be here until dark. Thanks for the uplifting words. I got a golden ticket for next year and can’t wait to be back. There is no doubt it’s a hard hunt but there is something to say about hunting the caliber of deer that live at Hagerman. My buddy who was drawn with me this year had an encounter with a true giant at 20 yards this morning. He wasn’t able to seal the deal and it rattled him to the point he went home. Keep your head on a swivel boys they are here.
                          Dang that’s rough for your buddy. I’m still in a tree and will be here until dark unless something gets arrowed. I kept reading that it’s a hard hunt and I can now confirm that 36 hours on this little platform over three days is no joke.

Comment

What? I hope you are sitting in his spot while your buddy had to go home and buy some new panties

Comment

Dang did he get to release an arrow?

Comment

Trying to stay focused!

Comment

Working...
                                X