Mills and Brown county fires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mills and Brown county fires

Anyone have any info on them? Been watching them since yesterday and its not looking good.

The fire out by hwy 45 has been contained a time are two, but with the winds we have it keeps rekindling. Forest team was in charge but it got out of control again about noon and they requested brush trucks from Goldthwaite. When Gwaite got there they requested units from Bwood, and all fire trucks from surrounding towns. Last I heard it's up to 2500 acres now and 30% contained, but this was a few hours ago.
    Last edited by doghouse; 07-14-2020, 06:34 PM.

Comment

I believe San Saba sent a few trucks as well. Heard it was 10% contained and over 2K acres

Comment

As of 16:34, Buffalo Creek fire in Mills county was at 2500 acre and only 30% contained, a massive jump from 13:05 when it was 1200 acre and 60% contained. TIFMAS resources were deployed around 14:00.

Comment

TIFMAS, Texas Intrastate Fire Mutual Aid System. Haltom City, Groesbeck, Waco, and Killeen from the North Branch were sent.

Comment

With the forest service involved, it’s guaranteed to get much bigger.

Comment

How can I find out if the firefighters need anything? Im in Brownwood,

Comment

McCulloch Cnty has 1500 acre fire I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                  How can I find out if the firefighters need anything? Im in Brownwood,
                  Clint saw on FB Gatorade and water. I also think eye drops and chapstick as well

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    Clint saw on FB Gatorade and water. I also think eye drops and chapstick as well
                    Any idea where to take them? I would come in from the north.

Comment

They’ll need sunscreen, chap stick, water, snack bars, etc. been a firefighter for 20 years.. always great to have on grass fires. Where is the fire in Mills Co. I have property out there but have t been there in a few months.

Comment

[ATTACH]1010746[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyOrtiz View Post
                          They’ll need sunscreen, chap stick, water, snack bars, etc. been a firefighter for 20 years.. always great to have on grass fires. Where is the fire in Mills Co. I have property out there but have t been there in a few months.
                          Western side, in the area of Hwy 45 and 574.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                            Any idea where to take them? I would come in from the north.
                            Goldthwaite fire station

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                              [ATTACH]1010746[/ATTACH]
                              Thanks.. my place is off of 199.. doesn’t seem to be near it.

Comment

Working...
                              X