Spooked AM deer return same evening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spooked AM deer return same evening?

So I had a decent deer coming to the feeder every few days and went to take a shot at him this morning. While moving around, an adjacent doe saw or heard something she didn’t like and decided to bolt. Naturally, the 8 and all other deer in the area took off with her.

So I’m planning my afternoon sit and debating on sitting there again or am I better off trying another stand. I’m sure he will be back eventually, just don’t know if that’s enough time for him.

I missed a deer with a rifle one morning he came back that evening and I killed him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It really depends where youre at and the demeanor of the deer.

Comment

I'd go back there this afternoon.

Comment

I would go back to the same stand. I have had that exact scenario happen to me many times and the deer has returned back to the same stand

Comment

You cant answer with 100% certainty. Sometimes deer dont come back in the afternoon even if they havent been spooked in the morning. If he has been coming in the afternoons on a pretty regular basis I would bet he will be back this afternoon.

Comment

If you got him on trail cameras there pretty regular in afternoons I would go back.

Comment

My first buck, I missed at first light. Feeder turned on a few minutes later and he was on the ground shortly after. But you will never know if you aren't sitting out there.

Comment

i would chance it

Comment

He probably doesn’t know what spooked the doe and will continue his normal routine.

Comment

My son missed a buck last January with a .243 on an evening hunt. The buck showed back up 15 minutes later and he made a great shot. I wouldn't have believed it if I weren't sitting with him.

Todd

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
                          He probably doesn’t know what spooked the doe and will continue his normal routine.
                          ^ this for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
                            ^^^

If he didn't sense any danger but only left because of the doe, he will be back.

Comment

I missed a deer one morning around 8AM, he was then seen on trail camera twice more the same day first time two hours later, then again that evening. I switched stands thinking he wouldnt be back, but he was.

Comment

Working...
                              X