Anybody own an Elite Kure yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious on real world speed with it. Shot a bunch of bows today and fell in love with the Kure. Needing to shoot the new Mathews stuff tomorrow at AC. Any feedback on the Kure is appreciated!

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X59Q0iLFRL4"]2020 Elite Archery Kure Bow Review - YouTube[/ame]

I think I watched all the new bow videos on YouTube lol. I ended up with a Mathews VXR 28.

Comment

I have one ( first compound I’ve had in lots of years ) has all the bells and whistles you could have on one. Bought it at Archery Country the day it came in , the guys there are great and went above and beyond setting me up. Matter of fact I’ll probably be there with it tomorrow around noon if you want to come shoot it. It is set at 29-1/2in and 68lbs and shooting a 460gr arrow at 280fps ( don’t know if that’s good or bad ) but the buck I killed with it the next morning never knew what hit him. Was a 37 yard quartering away shot and he made it about 30 or 40 yards and fell over. I’m a Trad shooter so don’t claim to know much about the compound game but it was the bow I liked so I bought it. Been fun and very different from what I normally shoot but am enjoying it and I can’t say enough about the guys at the shop getting me going with it and all my questions. I’m learning a lot and would be lost without the guys at the shop ......

,,,Sam,,,

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also saw you are here in Georgetown , I have a 60 target range in my front pasture if you want to shoot it in the field....

,,Sam,,

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Curious on real world speed with it. Shot a bunch of bows today and fell in love with the Kure. Needing to shoot the new Mathews stuff tomorrow at AC. Any feedback on the Kure is appreciated!
            Archery Country has a Kure as well.. so you cam shoot it and compare to the Mathews.

It is on par with the mathews for sure. Smooth on the draw, dead in the hand.. the adjustability is awesome as well.

I am a mathews fanboy and I was impressed.. just happy with the Vertix.. so not switching.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SAM STEPHENS View Post
              Also saw you are here in Georgetown , I have a 60 target range in my front pasture if you want to shoot it in the field....

,,Sam,,
              Awesome! I’ll be at AC around 1030 or so when they open. That’s my plan anyway

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
                Archery Country has a Kure as well.. so you cam shoot it and compare to the Mathews.

It is on par with the mathews for sure. Smooth on the draw, dead in the hand.. the adjustability is awesome as well.

I am a mathews fanboy and I was impressed.. just happy with the Vertix.. so not switching.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                I’ve never owned anything except a Mathews. I did not expect to like the Elite so much. Gonna give Mathews a try on their new flagship bow before changing brands. It’s only fair lol

Comment

I’ve never owned anything except a Mathews. I did not expect to like the Elite so much. Gonna give Mathews a try on their new flagship bow before changing brands. It’s only fair lol
                  The VXR is nice but the Kure is right there with it IMO. I took home the VXR though. Mainly bc no one had the Kure in stock in San Antonio. One thing I did notice about the Kure is there is a small shock/jump in the hand on the shot. The draw on the Kure is smoothest thing on the planet. Can’t beat that but the VXR is super smooth too. That jump I could feel even with a semi rigged bow. The VXR was just solid and steady in hand and don’t have that to it. It’s going to be tough to decide bc they both are hella great bows. Shoot the RX-4 with them and you get an even harder decision lol. I can say this, I am not a mathews fanboy, Only the second Mathews for me ever. Had the Vertix for 7-8 months and hated it. The VXR ain’t a whole lot different but the changes they did make made a big difference to me.

Sam, that is a good looking bow. 280 FPS is not bad at all for that arrow. I’m shouting 293-295 with a 462grain arrow with my 29”/70lb VXR. Penetration will not be a factor on any shot.

Comment

This was before we got all of our VXR’s. Be glad to run them through the chrono for ya if you’ll remind me later. Speed would be the least thing I’d worry about in a new bow these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      This was before we got all of our VXR’s. Be glad to run them through the chrono for ya if you’ll remind me later. Speed would be the least thing I’d worry about in a new bow these days.

What did you get with the Mathews Vertix?

That’s what I ended up with. I didn’t like the VXR. Idk why. It felt weird. I wanted the Kure or the Vertix. Shot both over and over trying to decide. The looks and the price ($850 brand new) of the Vertix was the only deciding factors.

Comment

What did you get with the Mathews Vertix?

That’s what I ended up with. I didn’t like the VXR. Idk why. It felt weird. I wanted the Kure or the Vertix. Shot both over and over trying to decide. The looks and the price ($850 brand new) of the Vertix was the only deciding factors.
                        We only tested the 2020 bows that we had at the time. You’ll love the Vertix. I’m 23 animals into it for this year with mine. Kills good.

Comment

I had a hard choice between the VXR and Bowtech Revolt. I honestly feel the Revolt on the Comfort setting was super smooth even smoother than the VXR. It wasnt as dead in the hand though I had a tough choice but I went with the VXR 28. I like it way more than the Triax its balanced way better I'm nailing the 10 ring at 60 yards without issues. Another deciding factor is I shoot a short draw length heavy arrow and the 7 inch brace height on the bowtech just really killed my speeds compared to the VXR. Last year I shot the Elite Ritual 30 and my gosh that bow was a one of the best I've ever shot. Killed lots of Critters with it. West Houston didnt have the Kure but I bet it's just as good as the Ritual if not better!

Comment

Working...
                          X