Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Equipment and Tuning

Old 10-02-2018, 04:55 PM   #1
Catching Deers
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: Hondo, Texas
Question Ozonics 230 or 300????

I'm interested in purchasing one of the Ozonics scent control devices either the 230 or the 300, and I was curious what everyone thinks about their products. Is it worth the price?
Catching Deers is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-02-2018, 05:00 PM   #2
bownut
Four Point

Hunt In: Anderson and Mills county

I've got the 300. Love it. It's a little loud but I turn it upside down and it's not as noticeable to me. Weather it makes a difference to the deer don't know but I can't hear it as much. I've had good success with it. Deer downwind from 15 to 30 yds and never spooked. Good luck.
bownut is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-02-2018, 06:21 PM   #3
HDWRENCH
Eight Point

Hunt In: Cisco, San Juan

Good info they have some refurbed 200 units for 200 right now and a few other sales. I think one in my box blind would be helpful any others that have had success that they are aware of
HDWRENCH is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2018, 11:22 AM   #4
Lowe
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas Panhandle

I started using one last season and will not hunt without it. Both hogs and deer directly downwind from ground blinds with no problem.

I went to buy the 200 and the 300 was on sale for the same price at Cabelas so I went with it.
Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 02:45 AM   #5
Jonann
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: South Carolina

i have never used the ozonics but I am on the log6 pro staff. Ozone is NOT safe to inhale. The log6 uses a sealed container to treat your clothes. You can also use it in a car or closet without being inside of it. Yes it eliminates odors on clothing. I dont know if id want it blowing out over me in a tree but there must be enough oxygen to balance it. What I dont understand is how its supposed to treat anything when its being dispersed outside of a closed in area. Thats not how ozone technology deodorizes from what I understand.
Jonann is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 07:20 AM   #6
Low Fence
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonann View Post
i have never used the ozonics but I am on the log6 pro staff. Ozone is NOT safe to inhale. The log6 uses a sealed container to treat your clothes. You can also use it in a car or closet without being inside of it. Yes it eliminates odors on clothing. I dont know if id want it blowing out over me in a tree but there must be enough oxygen to balance it. What I dont understand is how its supposed to treat anything when its being dispersed outside of a closed in area. Thats not how ozone technology deodorizes from what I understand.
My research and theory tells me the same. In a controlled setting (bag, car, room... even blind) it will at minimum work to a good level. But open air...no dice. It physically and scientifically can’t do “much”, some but very minimum
Low Fence is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2018, 11:13 AM   #7
Black-N-Red
Eight Point

I’ve got the 300 & really like it. I had my sons shooter 9 at my stand opening weekend & I had the 300 on boost mode, unit point in the direction of my hand corn & the wind shifted blowing straight to him. He was at 15 yards & never even looked around. So my experience is they work.
Black-N-Red is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2018, 11:31 AM   #8
txbonecollector
Ten Point

Hunt In: at home

LET IT RIP! Will NOT hunt without one
txbonecollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2018, 12:28 PM   #9
sectxag06
Eight Point

Hunt In: Eldorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Fence View Post
My research and theory tells me the same. In a controlled setting (bag, car, room... even blind) it will at minimum work to a good level. But open air...no dice. It physically and scientifically can’t do “much”, some but very minimum
yep. plus, i see no reason to chance inhaling more ozone than we get naturally.
sectxag06 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2018, 12:54 PM   #10
walker1983
Ten Point

Hunt In: Shackelford Co, Parker Co, Mexico

I do use mine - the 200 - , and think it makes a big difference - especially when hunting out of enclosed blinds.
I will say that the battery will die much faster than you would expect. I get about 2-3 hours out of my battery - TOPS. On a cold day maybe half that.
walker1983 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2018, 06:47 AM   #11
BigD12
Nubbin' Buck

I work with a guy that swears by his 300 unit. He has animals approach from downwind that had winded him in the past. I’m very tempted to try one.
BigD12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2018, 08:23 AM   #12
Operator
Nubbin' Buck

I've been tempted to get one of these as well. BUT i hunt only out a a hang-on tree stand. i usually try and hunt the wind. Deer being typical, circled my setup and tried to come in down wind and decided against it. They aren't really hitting the corn where i am anyway. They didn't blow out but just didn't commit to come into the mot.
Anyway, i just dont see this thing working up in a tree. Thoughts??
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top