Multiple feeder question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple feeder question

For those of you that have more than one feeder on a property. Is there something you put temporarily at or near the feeder you are not hunting to deter deer from going there, in hopes that it will push them to the feeder you are hunting? Like maybe parking a vehicle near it or something similar? Looking for ideas.

Thanks
    Last edited by Dr. Evil; 11-03-2022, 01:00 PM.

myself. seems to work everytime.

Comment

Empty it and leave it off.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
        myself. seems to work everytime.
        Funny.

To answer your question, no. If I've done my preseason cam scouting, I can make an educated guess which feeder he's most likely to visit and put some sort of pattern together. If I hunt a stand, I'll slip in early and pull the card if it's an afternoon hunt or pull the card after a morning hunt.

The one thing that drives me nuts on some leases that I've been on, are the guys that arrive at the lease and run all over pulling every card.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
          Empty it and leave it off.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
          I'm talking a temporary thing. From one hunt to the next, not permanent.

Comment

Nope. I watch sun, wind, sightings and normal number of does (during rut)
            I don’t want those deer going to a neighbors feeder.

Comment

No, but I will sometimes add extras to the feeder I'm gonna hunt. Chaffhay for axis, a pile of hand corn for whitetail, etc...

Another thing that helps is cellular trail cameras. You can check cameras when you wake up to see if deer are already at a feeder or not. If they are already there where you'll bust them out if you walk in, then go to the other feeder and hope for the best.

Comment

No, because i would rather the deer be safe at my un-hunted feeder than being shot at another feeder

Comment

I don't want deer to associate groceries with me. I want them to think some benevolent benefactor magically fills those things. Other than filling the feeder, I don't want to do anything to disturb the deer them from coming there daily. Last thing I would (personally) do is purposefully put something there to make them wary.

Comment

Leave them both going and then pattern the deer. If they like one spot more than the other, hunt it.

Comment

I am constantly adjusting feeders to try to manipulate deer movement. For instance, if there’s a buck frequenting two stands I’ll turn off one of them to get him to the other.
                      I may turn the time up on the active feeder so it puts out more corn in anticipation of increased visitors.
                      Parking a vehicle can work sometimes but not always. I parked a suburban on top of the corn pile at this spot and the little **** went there anyway.
                      I turned the feeder completely off and within a week he was at the other stand, which was a bow stand, and my hunter killed him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                        No, because i would rather the deer be safe at my un-hunted feeder than being shot at another feeder
                        Good point

Comment

I would think just simply turning the non-hunted feeder off would be your best bet. No corn= no deer. They will go where the golden nuggets are.......

Comment

It also depends on how many acres you are hunting. Our place is 4,500 and we don't have deer showing up at different feeders that often because there are only 5 stand locations.

Comment

Hunt the deer not the feeder

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X