Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

So when it is legal to hunt.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So when it is legal to hunt.....

Animals not listed as exotics like elk, red stag etc. on your land.

Does it change anything if the animal has an ear tag?

What about other exotics that may have an ear tag?

Thanks

Ear tags I would assume off limits as a 'livestock'.. untagged animals fairgame on private land that are non-native

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know the legal answer.
      I had a red stag show up, had rifle on him and he turned and I saw tag. Felt like neighborly thing was to let the one place I knew it came from try and recover. I ended up killing a hind and a yearling (no tags) months later and the young stag was killed some time later a mile+ away
      The "owner" had exhausted efforts to recover them and I felt I had done my diligence to let him recover

Comment

ALMOST any exotic can be hunted in Texas without restrictions on your property. Day time. Night time. Any weapons. No limits. Can’t answer about the ear tag. I recall there being a discussion about someone’s escaped exotics and an ear tag. I don’t study them for an ear tag though. There is some exotics that require a CITES permit last I recall. I’m drawing a blank on the species.

Comment

If a exotic shows up on the place I hunt, ear tag be ****ed it’s going down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ear tag? What ear tag??

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
              Ear tag? What ear tag??
              srd

Shoot Remove Destroy

Comment

Sec. 142.0021. OWNERSHIP OF EXOTIC WILDLIFE AND FOWL. A person may claim to be the owner of exotic livestock or exotic fowl under this chapter only if the animal is tagged, branded, banded, or marked in another conspicuous manner that can be read or identified from a long distance and that identifies the animal as being the property of the claimant.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                  srd

Shoot Remove Destroy

Comment

There should be a little square that lists all the "game" animals you can kill on the property. Keep in mind some of the "game" animals may not be "game" animals....make sense? At least that's what I read on here

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                      Ear tags I would assume off limits as a 'livestock'.. untagged animals fairgame on private land that are non-native

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
                      Let me ask you this, since an ear tag makes them “livestock” does a tagless cow/calf that gets on your property make it fair game?

Comment

What about a white tail with a ear tag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You want to let that one walk for breeding purposes

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                            What about a white tail with a ear tag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            While not intelligent to shoot it, unless it’s a monster of a buck. It’s legal. Deer belong to the state. Not any particular landowner. And are not considered livestock.

Comment

Eat tag or not I’m shooting! Knew a guy who had a Buffalo wander on his property. Called his neighbor who had them and they tried to recover. Finally gave the guy permission to shoot it. Wasn’t able to keep anything off of it I don’t think. May got a little meat.

Comment

Working...
                              X