I guess no feeder is off limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess no feeder is off limits

Couple of the guys in the lease have been battling bears turning over their stand n fill feeders. Thought my diy tripod wench up was safe. Guess I was wrong! There even those sharp strips on the legs, although old!
    And I’ll verify with them tomorrow but I believe that is the smaller of the 3 on camera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dang! Hope it’s not too bad.

Comment

Dang bears…. Almost as bad as hogs. Hope you and the lease mates find a good solution

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        Dang! Hope it’s not too bad.
        He didn’t reach the box. This time

Comment

Bear= 200 pound coon

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            Bear= 200 pound coon
            Worse, I can shoot a coon!

Comment

After our bear started wrecking feeders, I modified our crank ups to raise them high enough that he can't reach anymore. Now old Yogi just sleeps under them and waits for the corn to spin. Gotta love dealing with bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                Bear= 200 pound coon
                Great analogy! You just can't shoot the bear!

Comment

Originally posted by J Loves Huntin View Post
                  Dang bears…. Almost as bad as hogs. Hope you and the lease mates find a good solution

Almost?

I’ve never had a hog flip my stand and fill feeders over

Comment

Hell I’d be happy to have a bear to anticipate seeing.

Comment

The struggles of hunting. Hope you all can figure out something to do with your bears

Comment

Fly, that’s what I used to think about hogs. Now I just want God to strike them all dead !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                          Fly, that’s what I used to think about hogs. Now I just want God to strike them all dead !
                          Yeah wouldn’t bother me if hogs were a about 1/100th what they are now bull but seeing a bear, I still think that would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            Hell I’d be happy to have a bear to anticipate seeing.

When I was a kid there were bears and mountain lions on my lease in Hardin/Polk Counties. I’ve seen both, and I’m glad they are no longer around. The walk to and from the blind in the dark is a lot less stressful than it use to be.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              When I was a kid there were bears and mountain lions on my lease in Hardin/Polk Counties. I’ve seen both, and I’m glad they are no longer around. The walk to and from the blind in the dark is a lot less stressful than it use to be.
                              I can see that.
                              I’m in sitting in my truck waiting on just a tad more daylight. I’m in New Mexico scouting for hunt this weekend. These canyons around my camp sure look like mounting lion country.

Comment

Working...
                              X