Biggest Bow buck to date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest Bow buck to date

Well yesterday I was able to take the biggest buck I've taken with my bow. I started off the day by bringing my son to school and sitting on the couch. I then left the house around 930am to go put some corn out at the bow stand because the hogs are eating everything I put out over night. After sitting for 5 hours Tuesday and Wednesday morning freezing and not seeing anything i really didn't want to sit this morning just wanted to change pace. After I put corn down i drove off about 100 yards and decided to go back and sit until about 12 to see if the deer had me patterned. Climbed up into the stand at 10 am latched my safety harness got everything else ready(gloves,mask etc.) Then I placed out some doe pee hanging from my bow holder. At 10:05 or 10:10 I noticed a glimer of antlers at approximately 40 yards from me in the bottom. The buck walked off not to see it again I was deflated thinking I may have ruined my chance. I stayed really still just in case the buck circled down wind and I put my ozonics on boost mode hoping that would help disguise my scent. At about 1050 while dozing off I heard the faint crackling of leaves behind me as I continued to doze all of a sudden at deer stomped and trotted off from below the stand. I looked up and tried to find the deer but couldn't see anything with all the tree limbs. I then slowly turned my head back to the center so I could see the two direction of the corn and I caught movement to the left it was the big 10 point that I have been hunting. At 11 am I was at full draw with a twisted peep sight I managed to release the arrow, with the patented scwack I knew he was hit hard but nervous. I backed out and called my buddy as he was just getting out of the stand. We waited about 1 hour then went to find blood. As we began to track we where placing toilet paper at each drop of blood with a couple of times of us talking about backing out and calling in a dog but we kept pushing forward then the blood started to really pick up with big piles at approximately 458 yards we found him piled up.

Congratulations! Pics ASAP or you are lying! ��

Comment

If I can figure out how I would

Comment

Hopefully this works

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

Beautiful buck! Congrats

Comment

He's a Dandy! Good going buddy