Catalytic converter theft prevention?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalytic converter theft prevention?

Anyone have any good ideas how to prevent converter theft. My son lives and works in Houston. Three months ago thieves used a sawzall at his office to remove the converters. Last week they stole them again at his apartment. Both are gated with security. His best option is to leave Houston and find a job in a safer city but he can’t do that right now. He drives a 2019 Ram 1500. Is there anything he can do to deter the thieves? USAA said they get 100’s of claims a day out of Houston. Unbelievable to me that they can’t shut down the buyers.

Yes, do a search on here. They make plates, etc to at least maker it harder to get them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can he get a skid plate installed to cover it? Most thieves will pass on something that isn't quick.

Comment

There were two suggestions for the tundra & I went with the Cat Shield because it was in stock...installed it last week.

Comment

Skid plate over them is the best bet to slow them down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            There were two suggestions for the tundra & I went with the Cat Shield because it was in stock...installed it last week.
            I looked at Cat Shield. I don’t think they make one for a Ram 1500.

Comment

Paint them with a bright color and get a harbor freight engraver and put you local PD's initials and the last 4 digits of your VIN on the cat.

Comment

Skid plate would have to be custom fit. I will see if I can find a shop to do that.

Comment

Paint and engrave as discussed.

Comment

Working...
                  X