Snake and A Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake and A Hawk

Was filling feeders today outside Mentz and came up on a snake that had a hawk all wrapped up. I got a log and killed the snake and the hawk just sat still for about a minute then took off. Snake wasn’t poisonous,looked like a coach whip, about 2-2.5 foot long. I’m thinking the hawk snagged him but soon found out he was too much. Pretty neat. Got a picture and a video but have no idea how to post it.

National Geographic type stuff......i luv it!!! Nature aint no joke!!!

Comment

Hopefully someone comes along that know how to post. Would like to see all that!

Comment

The Hawk owes you one. Maybe he will repay the favor and let you know when the big buck is coming in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you have a gmail/google account? If so, upload to youtube for free with same login/password.

Or upload to vimeo or rumble or facebook from your phone.

Comment

Airdrop it to me and I’ll see
            If I can load it

Comment

In about 1984 we lived across the road from part of Ft.Hood. We wandered that place a lot. One day my brother came home with a red tailed hawk in one hand and a 4-5 foot long bull snake in the other. He said he heard the hawk screeching and found it with the snake trying to kill it. Must have been a similar deal

Comment

I saw an owl kill a chicken snake one day while deer hunting. One of the coolest things I’ve ever seen.

Comment

Flywise, I’m sending it now

Comment

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

That crazy that bird let that snake get the best of him

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Originally posted by KNEE DEEP View Post
                          Was filling feeders today outside Mentz and came up on a snake that had a hawk all wrapped up. I got a log and killed the snake and the hawk just sat still for about a minute then took off. Snake wasn’t poisonous,looked like a coach whip, about 2-2.5 foot long. I’m thinking the hawk snagged him but soon found out he was too much. Pretty neat. Got a picture and a video but have no idea how to post it.
                          Here
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Flywise. Wish I had better video skills. I can’t believe that hawk didn’t even move. Once I got the snake off him he just stayed still about 1 minute then flew off. Amazing stuff you see in the woods.

Comment

I have seen two different videos of, hawks that caught bull snakes, then the bull snake about killed the hawk. If I remember correctly somebody unwrapped the snake from the bird and then let them both go.

Before seeing that first video I neve would have thought it would happen. But it seems to be a lot more common than I would have ever guessed.

What little I can see of the snake in your video, it does look like a coach whip.

Comment

Working...
                              X