Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safe Moving Recommendations - Houston Area!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safe Moving Recommendations - Houston Area!

Howdy,

I apologize ahead of time for the redundancy of this topic, but have only found limited recommendations. Really seen only a couple options with limited reviews:

-TX Safe Movers http://txsafemovers.com/homepage/
    - Safe Moves https://www.safemoves.net/services/installation/

I am trying to move a 1200lb safe across the house and possible up a set of stairs.

Anyone have safe movers they recommend in the Houston area?? I’ve heard horror stories before and want to lean on the TBH network for first hand experience.

Any experiences/recommendations - good, bad or ugly are greatly appreciated!!

I would not put up stairs unless you know there has been extra engineered support added. Just my two cents

Comment

Originally posted by Boss Buck View Post
      I would not put up stairs unless you know there has been extra engineered support added. Just my two cents
      Do you think a 1000lb would be better upstairs? I am between two models right now but want to figure out logistics and everything else beforehand.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

I used Safe Moves to deliver my gun safe from the Bass Pro in Pearland to my house in Angleton. They were very professional and I’d hire them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Boss Buck View Post

This would be me as well. 1200 or 1000 lbs, I would be skeptical about both.

Comment

I had them pick up two 1000# safes from my house in Pearland. They stored them for a couple of weeks until my house closed in Kerrville. They delivered them to the new house and no problems whatsoever. No way could I have done it. I would speak with some type of engineer about the upstairs. You can put more weight there than you think. Although it does get pretty heavy once you start putting a lot of ammo in it. Good luck with the decision.

Comment

I moved one that size that purchased from an elderly friend. Borrowed a pallet jack and rented a lift gate truck. Took a bit to crib up with strips of plywood and a big pry bar with a strip of leather over the end.
              I left it on the skid I made for it since I have in floor heat and can’t drill into my slab.
              When we moved a few miles away, I contacted a courier company with a lift gate. I wrapped it with a couple blankets and ratchet strapped it to the skid. I screwed some 6’- 2x4’s along the skid to increase the surface area and prevent tipping.
              Driver backed in my driveway, lowered the gate and loaded it with his pallet jack and we put it all the way in the front of his truck. It took less than 5 minutes to load. It was cheaper this way, than renting a truck. I told them the weight and size of the item, but I left out that it was a safe, as they apparently don’t move safes.
              He followed me to our new house and he was gone in 5 minutes.
              Not for everyone, but I thought I’d share how I’ve done it.
              Last edited by Txtourist; 09-04-2022, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks gents!! Going with the 1200lb one and contacting the home builder to get their thoughts on that weight upstairs.

Thats 5 folks now who have recommended SafeMoves so that might be the final route I go unless someone says otherwise. Definitely think with this amount of weight its worth hiring someone to handle it.

Comment

Call Moore Security and Safes in Houston. I believe the name was Josh. They have moved 2 for us one browning 64 gun and one Cannon 48 gun. He has a battery powered safe mover and I have seen him walk it up steps and stairs. One man job.

Comment

I used safe moves! Plain on using them in the future when we move. They are great people to work with. Price was very fair too.

Comment

Originally posted by ohuett View Post
                      I used Safe Moves to deliver my gun safe from the Bass Pro in Pearland to my house in Angleton. They were very professional and I’d hire them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I used them in San Antonio area. No issues and everything was done according to plan. My safe was aver 1700 lbs dry weight and they handled it with ease. Including a few steps and some tight hallways.

Comment

Yeah, in this case, you definitely need a large truck for safe transportation.

Comment

I used Nick of Time safe movers. They had a stair walker that walked it up my stairs leading to front door. I’d be concerned as well regarding the weight.

Comment

The stairs themself is where I’d be concerned

Comment

My wife and I have moved mine 4 times, I did get the neighbor to help when we moved it up stairs though

Comment

Working...
                              X