No announcement yet.

Golf Scramble scores ( lying)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mean you have actually get it in the hole. I thought you just had to get it on the green. What ever gets the torture over with quicker.

Comment

I love playing in charity scrambles. Money goes to a good cause and we have some fun. We’ve won more than once over the years but it isn’t unusual to lose by a stroke to the team that turns their card in last. Lost one to a group that made two eagles on difficult par 4s. They didn’t even know how to cheat properly lol. Another time we placed 2nd to a group that resembled as described in the op. I asked them afterwards in front of people if they would like to head back out and play my team for $500-$1000 a hole. They declined with two of the guys looking at the ground the entire time. We just laughed at them.

Cheating in a charity scramble to get that large yeti cup instead of the tumble. [emoji2357][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I played quite a bit in a part of South Texas well known for scrambles and "Ratas" for teams. One high-end lawyer flew in his Futures tour nephew and two of his tour buddies to play on the lawyer's team. That team finished 3rd behind the local ratas. It dang near turned into to a Double Duece brawl. (Even if it did, no one would have gotten in trouble because every high end lawyer and a couple judges where there playing too).

Comment

Pencil ****** em all

Comment

I played in one at Mart, Battle Creek.
            We played 2 teams per hole, so there couldn't be any cheating.
            We shot a minus 21 and got beat by a team the second day that shot-22.
            We had good players and we were all tuned up from playing about 5 days a week and everyone had a real good day.

Plus that had some of those gimmick holes that turned into eagles for almost everyone.

Comment

I have kept a pretty close score on the group in front of us a couple times, and it's pretty laughable, even giving mulligans that everyone "stretches".

Comment

I no longer play scramble tournaments unless
                a) I get a paid day off work
                b) my admission fee is paid for

Comment

Holy Tiger Woods!

Pencil whipped. The best course have pencils with erasers!

The best I ever witnessed or got whipped by was 4 flat bellied college players. They had 15-3s & 3-2s = 51. Thats on a par 72 track = -21

The 5-8 300 if profiling . I'm 6-4 and 335
                  I'm not a bad stick

Comment

You gotta look at these scrambles as just an excuse to play golf. Most of the time it’s a charity deal and the first place winner gets the same “ trophy” as the last place finisher.

I’m pretty bad and only play in scrambles if my entry fee is paid for.

Comment

Saw the video on Reddit and it was pretty dang funny. That said you can’t take charity scrambles seriously, gotta know someone (everyone) is cheating. I still enjoy playing them when it’s a cause that I can get behind.

Off of work, hanging out with friends, drinking beer at 8am on a Wed, and playing some golf. What’s to get bent out of shape about?

Comment

Working...
                      X