This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Is that the Heisman Trophy candidate from Texas in that pic??.......oh wait.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
      Is that the Heisman Trophy candidate from Texas in that pic??.......oh wait.

No, he’s from Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        ATM needs a bigger portal!
        21 and growing

I don’t think that number is accurate. Latest I saw was 17 players that were on scholarship last year(including at least 4 that were dismissed during the season for disciplinary or legal reasons...a separate concern in itself) If you count non-scholly players that have “entered the portal”, those that have declared for the draft, one that medically retired before the season then you may have 21 total.

Aside from the discipline cases (didn’t have a choice to stat), most of the 22 freshman class has indicated they are staying.0

Ags will end up “net positive” on portal players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          I don’t think that number is accurate. Latest I saw was 17 players that were on scholarship last year(including at least 4 that were dismissed during the season for disciplinary or legal reasons...a separate concern in itself) If you count non-scholly players that have “entered the portal”, those that have declared for the draft, one that medically retired before the season then you may have 21 total.

Aside from the discipline cases (didn’t have a choice to stat), most of the 22 freshman class has indicated they are staying.0

I like your positive attitude about it. Admirable. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure what happened to JOJO. Maybe he was too small for the SEC grind. If he has punt/kickoff return ability LSU could sure use his speed.
            He better not transfer to the big 12. Much harder grind top to bottom.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

ATM needs a bigger portal!
              21 and growing

Somebody check on Brock!!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

How do you figure that?

Comment

The transfer portal is teaching these young men to be about themselves and not the team. Sad.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

John Doe entered the portal.

Who cares?

This is worse than recruiting smack.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 12-06-2022, 06:18 PM.

Comment

This portal deal may bring in another coaching position. Evaluate all the portal kids. LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                        The transfer portal is teaching these young men to be about themselves and not the team. Sad.
                        Yep, but if it were me and the same opportunity presented itself, I can't say I wouldn't want to go where I could get more playing time.

Can't blame the kids, it's the system.

Comment

I think it's gonna be interesting to see where all of this "Portal" bull **** levels out. I hope it won't take too many years for dumb kids to learn that the scholly is worth more than most of the idiots realize now. It's gonna take a bunch of them getting left out in the cold, and admitting that they messed up.

I said the other week, and still believe that the only "portal" figure that really matters, is what you get from it, rather than lose to it. Kids are too dumb to worry about losing them due to their own bad decisions. Coaches will begin to speak publicly pretty soon about "portal" guys, I would bet. You can bet your boots, if there are two kids on a roster very close in talent, the kid who stayed and worked for it, will get the nod over the "others".

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                            How do you figure that?
                            Quality over quantity.

Ags have lost quantity. I see several big name teams out there that have lost fewer numbers, but bigger impacts. Horns might be included in that when all is said and done.

The only disappointing entries (from a future contributor standpoint), IMO,are:

DL Tunmise Adeleye (that one really stings)
                            DB Denver Harris (great talent, but purported leader of off field incidents, and seems will likely have academic issues that could cause transfer problems)
                            OT PJ Williams - felony legal issues (7.7 oz. of weed)
                            DB Josh Moten - arrested last week (apparently third arrest) for DWI and running into a trash can on North Gate)
                            LB Ish Harris - (didn't play much this season, not sure about future plans or potential with him, but LB is a significant issue for the Ags.)

I hate to see King, Chase Lane (Graduate), Davis (Graduate kicker) and Miles Jones (super, super senior that started in 2017 opener at UCLA ) go because they've all been good Ags...but don't really factor into future plans.

LB's Andre White and Tarrian Lee have both been "contributors" at a position of weakness, but honestly they're both parts of that weakness.

DE Donnell Harris medically retired before this season, but was cleared to resume football activities a few weeks ago. He hasn't and wouldn't factor into future plans.

TE Blake Smith, DE Elijah Jeudy and QB Eli Stowers likely wouldn't ever factor into future plans.
                            Last edited by Michael; 12-06-2022, 06:51 PM.
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

A few I missed that are showing in the portal:

LJ Johnson - 5 star talent that never developed, and had fallen down the depth chart behind Daniels and freshman, Moss, by mid-season. I think he either quit or was suspended last several games.

Dallas Walker - I don't know that he's been on the roster this season?

Walkons Avery Hughes (MVP of the spring game, LOL) and Ryan Campbell are also "in the portal."

Walkons -
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                He better not transfer to the big 12. Much harder grind top to bottom.

You must be talking about basketball again.

Comment

Working...
                                X