Large capacity water bladders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large capacity water bladders

I’m putting in some 100 gallon troughs on the property and want a way to transfer water. Do any of you have experience with water bladders and have a paticular brand you’d recommend?

During covid, I filled a water trough in the back of my truck, then opened the spigot at the bottom to let it drain into another water trough. Worked fine. You might get a tote of 275 to put in your truck. Attach a valve to it with a hose.

Comment

Yessir. But I can fold up a bladder when I’m done with it and it’s cheaper. I haven’t found any totes for sale here in Or around Katy either.

Comment

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ater+tote+pump

I wouldn't mess with the water bladder, and go for a 275 gallon or 330 gallon water tote and something like the pump setup above. Also, if time is valuable, a dinky 3/4" garden hose doesn't flow much compared to 1 1/4" or 1 1/2".

How are you filling up the main water tank to fill up the 100 gallon troughs?

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
          https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ater+tote+pump

I wouldn't mess with the water bladder, and go for a 275 gallon or 330 gallon water tote and something like the pump setup above. Also, if time is valuable, a dinky 3/4" garden hose doesn't flow much compared to 1 1/4" or 1 1/2".

How are you filling up the main water tank to fill up the 100 gallon troughs?
          That’s what I was gonna use the bladder for. And no sir, time is not an issue. I can’t spend enough time on my property as is

Comment

The things we do for deer. Purdy soon folk will be walking them on a leash and picking up their poop.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
              The things we do for deer. Purdy soon folk will be walking them on a leash and picking up their poop.
              Yessir. And most of the time I let um walk. Actually I’ve read that deer get most of their water from the greenery they eat; however , in the same article, it stated that water can anchor bucks on your property.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                Yessir. And most of the time I let um walk. Actually I’ve read that deer get most of their water from the greenery they eat; however , in the same article, it stated that water can anchor bucks on your property.
                Deer don't drink much at all when things are good and green. If you feed protein they will drink a lot more. And if you have a water source in your protein pen they will eat a lot more. For example, during normal summer conditions my deer will drink around 100 gallons a week. Last summer they would drink 300 gallons per week. Some of the new bucks that showed up did stay around. I would guess my fawn survival was around 60%.

Many of the water sources in my area went dry. It is a must for me to have a supplemental water source.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                  Deer don't drink much at all when things are good and green. If you feed protein they will drink a lot more. And if you have a water source in your protein pen they will eat a lot more. For example, during normal summer conditions my deer will drink around 100 gallons a week. Last summer they would drink 300 gallons per week. Some of the new bucks that showed up did stay around. I would guess my fawn survival was around 60%.

Many of the water sources in my area went dry. It is a must for me to have a supplemental water source.
                  Good stuff right here. Btw,
                  “How big a boy are ya”? Lol

Comment

bout 5'6" and a 147#

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                      bout 5'6" and a 147#
                      Lol. You know Roy D died didn’t you?

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                        Lol. You know Roy D died didn’t you?
                        Yes but this one is alive and well......

Comment

Try wakeboat ballast bladders. Make all sizes from 300 to 1500 lbs. Very heavy duty.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

All diff kinds of shapes and sizes with ATL. We used one on an offshore boat for years, was not careful with storing it either and it never had a problem. Hose connections come pre rigged ready to go as well.
                            Here are the potable water ones from ATL
                            Last edited by Mossback; 12-06-2022, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks y’all. Gonna look em up

Comment

Working...
                              X