X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the rifle
    Attached Files

Comment

I just bought a Ruger Precision 22lr that shoots really good. Don't have any pics but if i can do my part it will do a 10 shot group at 50 yards in under 1/2" with Norma Tac22 ammo.
      Have shot out to 120 yards and within an inch as well. Can't wait for my suppressor to come in!!

Comment

bergara is a shooter .. here's 160 yard shooting ..it's hitting pretty consistent , until the wind pick up and drifts the shots an additional .4 mil ..[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbVkKyHi_Mw"]Side shot scope cam first test on Bergara b14 trainer 22lr! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Got a chance to take the lead sled to the range and set up my 10/22 on it at 50 yds. The rifle is a bit smaller than what the sled is built for, so there was still some movement and play.

I got the barrel and myself warmed up with some practice shots and made sure I was still dialed in. I did a 5 shot group with 15 different bullets, and because I wanted to compare the bullets performance, I took the best 4, except for one group...

There was an obvious winner now that human error was eliminated as much as possible. SK High Velocity Match, 40 gr. It outperformed all the other ammo by far. I ended up shooting 4 groups of 5 with it and feel I am as dialed in as I could be.
          Attached Files

Comment

If you are looking to measure the bullets performance, leaving out the flyers is the opposite direction to go. Five - five shot groups on the same paper is about the minimum to tell what your gun will do. I would expect a decent shooting 10/22 TD with factory barrel to be right around 1.5-1.7 MOA. Testing at 100 will really make it easier to find the least bullet, as the high ES od some loads will be easy to spot.

The SK HV is showing it at 50 yards, and will look really bad at 100. Might try Eley Force if you want a higher speed round.

Comment

Originally posted by Glocker17 View Post
              If you are looking to measure the bullets performance, leaving out the flyers is the opposite direction to go. Five - five shot groups on the same paper is about the minimum to tell what your gun will do. I would expect a decent shooting 10/22 TD with factory barrel to be right around 1.5-1.7 MOA. Testing at 100 will really make it easier to find the least bullet, as the high ES od some loads will be easy to spot.

The SK HV is showing it at 50 yards, and will look really bad at 100. Might try Eley Force if you want a higher speed round.
              I did not know that! I appreciate you sharing this. Back to the range!!

Comment

Shot at the screw holding an old wire spool together at 50 yards today. Marlin model 60,Weaver Kaspa scope and Remington Gold. Or whatever those hollowpoints are called, I don't really remember. The bulk pack green box bullets. I was using the hood of a car for a rest so the one that's not in the same hole as the other two may have been me. I really don't know. I should have shot again but I figured a 3 shot group would suffice. I didn't have a scope on this gun before but I'm liking the accuracy so it may stay on it. The flyer was about 1/2" off, maybe a little less. The trigger on that gun kinda sucks. It'd do better if it had a lighter trigger pull.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by okrattler; 12-05-2022, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X