Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats pretty cool.

Comment

Not going to cool when your feeder is demolished on the ground.

Comment

They do make bear proof feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
          In 2017 I shot one at 7 yards with a recurve (U.P. of Michigan). One year I had one climb my ladder stand and got within 4' of me. He dropped back down and I shot him as he was walking away.
          he could have ripped your face off and didnt, then you shot him walking away? boo

Comment

That’s pretty cool.

Comment

Very cool Brian!!

Comment

Cool!

Comment

What is the law in Texas regarding shooting bears?

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                    What is the law in Texas regarding shooting bears?
                    real bad juju...It is a violation of law to kill a black bear in Texas, with penalties of up to $10,000, added civil restitution fines, jail time and loss of all hunting privileges. Keep hunting camps clean to prevent odors that will attract bears.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                      real bad juju...It is a violation of law to kill a black bear in Texas, with penalties of up to $10,000, added civil restitution fines, jail time and loss of all hunting privileges. Keep hunting camps clean to prevent odors that will attract bears.
                      Thanks for the info, I guess I’d let him walk as well!

Comment

Had one under my feeder in Sterling Co a few years ago. Bout 3/4 the size a a Rottweiler dog. Daniel Freudenthaler a TBH member visiting from Austria was hunting with me in the blind at the time. Mexican bears are not very big but they can destroy varmint cages is seconds. I replaced mine with cages made from shopping carts. Had no cameras running at the time but fixed that in case it was ever seen again. The ranch has several great pyrenees dogs that guard the sheep now so we probably won't ever have a bear problem again. This one just this past Oct. might be the same one we had just north of town. https://www.newswest9.com/article/ne...5-9085340bcc89

PS: I weren't skeerd. Daniel was with me and I knew I could outrun him.
                        Last edited by muzzlebrake; 12-03-2022, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Really cool in Texas

Comment

Really cool!

Comment

That is absolutely awesome brother! I know it had to have been frustrating but, I hope (know) you sat there and took it all in!

Micheal

Comment

Pretty cool. Hunted just south of you in Dryden for years

Comment

Working...
                                X