Drop Dead File for your loved ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop Dead File for your loved ones

Someone posted a thread about making sure your loved ones have your passwords so that when you are gone they can access. This is a more extensive list of what is very helpful when someone passes.

I have counseled with many people (usually a surviving female spouse) who were not involved in the finances and details. Believe me it can be very overwhelming for them to have to track down this information on their own.

I hope this is helpful.
    Attached Files

Good Post! My wife and I did this recently.

Comment

That is very GREAT POINT and great info.....I recently went through a nightmare of losing my wife ...(been there done that) THANK YOU HUNTINGFOOL

Comment

Copy - paste.

Ty...

Comment

Excellent point. I deal with this fairly regularly in insurance. Typically the wife has no clue what is going on and I ha e to walk her through it.

Comment

Great info, as we just had a death in family. Incomplete will caused a year to get probate to be able to sell a paid for home, ( thanks to Covid, courts were back logged).

Comment

Thanks for sharing. The wife and I have done most on this list but not all. Amazing the amount of information that you need to leave behind.

Comment

Good advice. I did this last year for my wife. She has zero involvement in our finances and would be completely lost if something happened to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is sound advice. My wife and I don't even have a will and we know we need to.

Comment

Very good need to get r dun

Comment

Thanks for posting this!

Comment

Thanks for this! I need to do a will also

Comment

We did this when we stated Dave Ramsey (in 2002-2003). Call it our "Love Book". Went over it with our executor, and TRY to update when something major changes.... i.e. Purchased property, or large investments, Insurance, Banking changes, etc.

We also have all of our Vehicle titles in it. It can be a PITA to transfer after death.

We want to take some of the stress out of it for our kids, after both wife and I had to wade through parent final arrangements. We also intend to purchase plots and make those arrangements.

Comment

This is great information for those of you whose wives are not regularly involved in the management of your family's finances and its importance can not be overstated.

My father had a stroke about a year ago, and while he is still with us, he is not the man he used to be. Always the primary decision maker in the family, in his current condition, he needs all those decisions made for him.

For the better part of her life, my mother was never involved in matters of family finance or management, happy to leave that kind of thing up to my father. Then, at 80-years-old, she was suddenly thrust into the role as "head of household," and completely unprepared.

Mother has not handled this well; in fact, she has not handled it at all. She is woman drowning in her new responsibilities and so overwhelmed that even the simplest of decisions is too much for her. She describes herself as feeling very "alone" as she faces critical decisions about my father's care and their future finances.

Thank you, OP, for bringing this subject to the forefront. Life turns on a dime; please make this an urgent priority if you have not already done this.

Comment

“I’m dead. Now what?” Ten bucks on amazon. Great tool to have for your loved ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X