Considering a Glock 40 10mm or other 10mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
    I carry a Glock 29 in a Gunfighters Inc Kenai chest holster when I am in Grizzly country up here.
    In those cases I load it with Underwood or Buffalo Bore ammo.
    It is very comfortable.to carry in the woods, or in the OP's case, hog country.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Just got an email from Underwood today and was perusing some of their 10 mm and .41 mag ammo. That’s some serious stuff !

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
      I carry a Glock 29 in a Gunfighters Inc Kenai chest holster when I am in Grizzly country up here.
      In those cases I load it with Underwood or Buffalo Bore ammo.
      It is very comfortable.to carry in the woods, or in the OP's case, hog country.

Do you wear the holster that high on your chest? It looks like your hand would have to raise above your shoulder to draw the pistol. Also, worn that high it would interfere with a binocular pouch or my pack’s shoulder straps.

I’ve seen the leather cross chest holsters worn lower, below a binocular pouch, which seems to make better sense. Just asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        No need for milling the RIA slide anymore. Dovetail base and Holosun 507c gets it done. I'll be adding this to my 45acp Tac Ultra HC soon.
        Check out the deal on EGW Dovetail Mount for the Trijicon RMR, Holosun 407c / 507c for Novak at MSP - Mounting Solutions Plus

50-75 yard steel should be fun.

Looks like an interesting low cost alternative but there is zero chance I'd trust that type of set up over the long run or on a 10mm. I've seen too many plates fail, let alone a dove tail that still states for RIA you will have to modify it.

Another issue is the loss of your iron sights with that option.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          Do you wear the holster that high on your chest? It looks like your hand would have to raise above your shoulder to draw the pistol. Also, worn that high it would interfere with a binocular pouch or my pack’s shoulder straps.

I’ve seen the leather cross chest holsters worn lower, below a binocular pouch, which seems to make better sense. Just asking.

I can adjust it lower if needed. When I wear my Badlands bino harness with it, I move the shoulder strap to the opposite shoulder and the pistol grip sticks out a little from the bino pack making it easily accessible. It works great.

Comment

I think I’d go with one of the RIA 6” double stacks

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

I have a Vortex bino harness and wore this in Wyoming for a few weeks in grizz country as well this yr for the first time. I had a G20 in mine and it works very well, you don't even notice you have it on. Pistol is very secure in the harness and zero issues while practice drawing with the bino harness on. Settled on the Kenai after returning a couple other harnesses due to them being uncomfortable or hard to draw with layers and pack on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
                I have a Vortex bino harness and wore this in Wyoming for a few weeks in grizz country as well this yr for the first time. I had a G20 in mine and it works very well, you don't even notice you have it on. Pistol is very secure in the harness and zero issues while practice drawing with the bino harness on. Settled on the Kenai after returning a couple other harnesses due to them being uncomfortable or hard to draw with layers and pack on.
                Agree with you 100%, Mossback. I love my Kenai and I believe it is the most functional and comfortable chest harness I know of.

Comment

I'm at a loss to the recoil comments. My Colt it plain old fun to shoot. Recoil, what is that in a 10mm ?
                  I guess Glocks have some "kick" to them.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                    I'm at a loss to the recoil comments. My Colt it plain old fun to shoot. Recoil, what is that in a 10mm ?
                    I guess Glocks have some "kick" to them.
                    Depends on what ammo you’re using. Quite a bit of difference in loads that just barely exceed .40 S&W loads and a true 10mm as originally intended.
                    Last edited by Drycreek3189; 11-28-2022, 01:42 PM.

Comment

I’ve noticed the Buffalo Bore rounds are less “snappy” than other 10mm or 45 acp rounds I’ve fired. I don’t know if it’s the heavier bullet or the type of powder they use.

Just an observation- “your mileage may vary”.

Anyway, I decided to get the Double D Alaskan Guide cross chest today. I appreciated the Kenai comments, but wanted a leather holster instead of Kydex. I learned Springfield Armory has discontinued the 4.5” XDM model, and found a 5.25” bbl holster. I like the muzzle sitting inside the holster by the 3/4” instead of flush with the edge.

Comment

I like that holster

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
                          I like that holster

I do too. Very nice rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thank you. I had to stretch the strap a little to wrap around and the fastener connect and then put a ziplock bag around the gun overnight in the holster and now it fits nicely.

Comment

I caught this 1911 from PSA a few weeks ago for $350

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                                I caught this 1911 from PSA a few weeks ago for $350
                                I think that is a good deal. Thanks for the heads up. That pistol will most likely will be half of what I think I am gonna wind up spending. It lacks the features I desire. Like hi cap mag MOS cut out and a rail. As far as 10mm's go. That is a steal.

Comment

Working...
                                X