Considering a Glock 40 10mm or other 10mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering a Glock 40 10mm or other 10mm

Been thinking about picking one up for hog hunting and up close blind shots. The Glocks 6" bbl and slide is supposed to help with recoil and the 10mm is a good thumper. Definitely planning on putting a micro optic on the future purchase. So it needs to be compatible with the slide cut out. For those that have 10mm hunting pistols. Opinions, options and brands if you feel so inclined.
    Thanks.

I have a 10mm XD as my ‘grizzer’ defense weapon living here in Montana. Shooting Buffalo Bore dangerous game, the recoil is not bad for getting follow-up shots off- not that I’ve ever needed to use it thank the Lord.

I don’t know about mounting optics on the slide, I’m sure if you search XDTalk there’s a bunch of information. Mine lives in a Serpa holster on the belt of my Kuiu hunting pack so I have just the stock sights.

I got used to the grip angle on my XD45 after 10 years so got it in 10mm instead of a Glock.

I like that it has a loaded cylinder indicator on the slide and the safety on the rear of the grip too.

I’m sure it would put down pigs just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The TAC Ultra HC is chambered in 10mm with a 5.5Ó threaded rifled barrel supported by a full-length guide rod and built with precision engineering standards.

I have one in 45 acp. Super accurate right out of the box.

Comment

Glock 20

Have 9 inch lone wolf and a KKM

It will throw hardcast like nothing else

903 outdoors is a great shop for millwork

Look up the Roland 10 mm on YouTube

That is the route I went

Comment

Like this one I have for sale ?
          Attached Files

Comment

I have a Glock 20 with an aftermarket barrel, It's a pretty good shooter, with both my home cast and 180 or 200 grain Hornady xtp. I also have a 6" 1911 that i assembled myself that shoots a little better than the Glock, and has a much nicer trigger. For hunting only, I prefer the 1911, but for self defense The added capacity of the Glock is preferred. Some years ago, I built a double stack 1911 on a Para Ordnance frame that worked well. I put together 2 slide assemblies for that pistol, one in .45 and one in 10mm. easy to change calibers, swap the slide assembly and change the ejector. I sometimes regret selling that one..If I were shopping for a new striker fired 10mm today, I'd go for the Springfield, the 5.25 Match would be my choice, Powder River makes an excellent trigger kit for them as well.
            Last edited by softpoint; 11-26-2022, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              If I had to do Over, I would buy this model and put a KKM barrel with a compensator.

A little mill work for a sight and have the grip stippled with finger grooves removed…to me thaT would be the perfect hunting pistol. Throw in a different trigger if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                Why yes. That is just like what I was considering. G40 gen 4.
                PM me with price. It looks like y'all are up by Tyler.
                Thanks.

That Rock Island looks interesting. Thanks Muzzlebrake.

Comment

Smith and Wesson m&p makes one that’s optic ready Also.

Comment

Glock 40 MOS with custom cut slide and cerakote with Trijicon RMR. I did the stippling and undercut the trigger guard. Also reworked the trigger and installed Dawson cowitness sights.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                      Why yes. That is just like what I was considering. G40 gen 4.
                      PM me with price. It looks like y'all are up by Tyler.
                      Thanks.

That Rock Island looks interesting. Thanks Muzzlebrake.
                      PM your way, included my number. Text for more pics. Thanks.

Comment

I have a Glock29 that is surprisingly accurate for a small pistol so I'm sure a G40 would definitely get it done from the blind.

I had a Rock Island 1911 10mm with a 5" barrel-- had it milled and with a red dot on top it would smack the 'hostage taker' steel at 75y with no problems.

It did a wonderful job in the blind on opening morning a few years back and a 180gr JHP made short work of the first buck off our lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
                          Smith and Wesson m&p makes one that’s optic ready Also.

Yep they just released it not too long ago and it’s a shooter! Speaking of that I need to go pick mine up.
                          My buddy bought one the same time and is running a holosun on it. Hitting a bullseye at 25 is boring haha

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

No need for milling the RIA slide anymore. Dovetail base and Holosun 507c gets it done. I'll be adding this to my 45acp Tac Ultra HC soon.
                            Check out the deal on EGW Dovetail Mount for the Trijicon RMR, Holosun 407c / 507c for Novak at MSP - Mounting Solutions Plus

50-75 yard steel should be fun.
                            Last edited by muzzlebrake; 11-26-2022, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I carry a Glock 29 in a Gunfighters Inc Kenai chest holster when I am in Grizzly country up here.
                              In those cases I load it with Underwood or Buffalo Bore ammo.
                              It is very comfortable.to carry in the woods, or in the OP's case, hog country.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X