No announcement yet.

Human resources question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In an "at will" state, an employee can be fired at anytime without reason- very simple.

If you have not signed anything regarding "formula" I would say you could walk, start your own company and not be involve with any violation of competitiveness. If the formula is not "in writing" there is nothing to prove what the formula is and in no way in competition.

This new owner has got your head numbered for the chopping block as soon as he gets the recipe.

I'm basing my words on 35 yrs in the personnel Mgt arena at an "at will" employment state.

Comment

Play his game, write everything down like he wants u too. Except don't give the exact formulas. That way if he fires u right after, we'll then he is screwed. If he keeps u, then just play it off as u forgot a step r something.

Comment

Your Knowledge Capital is worth something.

Play your cards…

Comment

Or.....put in a two week notice and then go back as a consultant.

Comment

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with flat out asking them how much it’s worth to them. They’re going to fire you. Right now they’re just hoping you roll over.

Comment

Why not patent the formular in your name. Then it's yours and you hold the cards.

Comment

Go work for the competitor. And, offer up the recipe when you do.

Comment

Sell it to him for $3,000,000 .....and retire

Comment

I'd ask how much they will pay for info. They were stupid enough to buy company without formulas. They can pay you stupidly.

Comment

Well it sounds like you have the owner by the gonads. I would be telling him I need a raise. Then a bonus. Then we will talk about me making videos and writing out recipes.

You are going to loose your job one way or another, shoot for more money right now.

Take the Californian for everything you can, before you go.

When the guy bought the company, did he pay for the special formula for the company product. Then if he did pay for the special formula, he should already have it, should not need you to give it to him. If you are the only one who knows the formula, and you did not get paid for the secret recipe and the process, you need to get paid.
                      Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 09-03-2022, 07:50 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=curtintex;16384845]I don’t know what your product is, but I’m thinking if you’re the only person that can mix it then you’re the product. Call up some of those senior employees that got fired and put the team back together. Y’all were good enough to help build a company worthy of an acquisition, do it again. This time for yourselves.

^^This, all day!!! Good Luck

Comment

I'm in your corner, OP

No matter how this plays out, it looks like YOU are the one holding the cards right now. Play them wisely...........

That being said, the only person you have to answer to, is you. Good Luck

Comment

Why not approach the guy and be honest about your concerns?

Comment

I'd say not much of a company if only one employ nows the recipe and procedure. Not sure I can believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                                I'd say not much of a company if only one employ nows the recipe and procedure. Not sure I can believe that.
                                I'm in the same boat honestly...... truly bizarre. Lots of good input but I can't get past the above statement . Good luck and wise decisions will be key moving forward.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X