Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just for fun and my curiosity, how much would you pay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
    Those same neighbors in Texas would fence that acre out in a heartbeat. Worthless if that happens.
    Yes sir I agree with you, but the 1.27 acre tract is a right triangle, so they would only be able to fence off the eastern side of it… the whole southern boundary line is a different landowner that adjoins the 1,500 acre block. Both landowners would have to agree to fence me off and it would cost close to $100k to do that with 5 miles of fence.

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
      Yes sir I agree with you, but the 1.27 acre tract is a right triangle, so they would only be able to fence off the eastern side of it… the whole southern boundary line is a different landowner that adjoins the 1,500 acre block. Both landowners would have to agree to fence me off and it would cost close to $100k to do that with 5 miles of fence.
      They could just build a fence around YOUR 1.27 acre for chump change.

Comment

“but the neighbors won't have any issue with you blood trailing a deer if he jumps the fence.”

This stood out to me. I would never buy a piece of land assuming a neighbor would never have any issue with me tracking my deer on their place and realizing I’d likely be tracking on their place every time. The reality is your deer will likely cross that fence 9 times out of 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post

Lol. They wouldn’t have to high fence their entire place. Just what’s next to you. They could have that done in an afternoon for less than what you paid for your acre.

Comment

I would be in the nothing camp as well.

Comment

Without knowing nearest town and comps, could be 5000 could be 50,000

Comment

I understand what you are wanting to do, but I think you are gonna be the neighbor that everyone loves to hate. Look at it this way, they have a management plan, you shoot what jumps the fence.

Comment

Buy that land to kill every 145” 10pt you can and I see a gut pile with shooting range going up next to the high fence that they build. We just blocked out a 4,000 acre neighbor with 2-1/2 miles of hi-fence for doing similar. I wouldn’t pay more than fair market value.

Comment

$1200 that's all

Comment

Our house is on 2 acres outside of city limits. Our neighbor to the West is a guy worth several hundred million dollars who owns a couple hundred acres of prime real estate on the lake next door which isnt hunted and it is loaded with deer. We had 27 deer in our back yard yesterday(a new record for us) including several bucks bigger than anything I’ve ever shot. Every Fall we see a lot of nice bucks but I just dont feel comfortable shooting anything when it is pretty much guaranteed it is gonna end up on the neighbors property.

Although now that I think if it, is harpooning deer legal? Bc that might solve the problem. Just rig up a bow fishing rig w an offshore reel and 300 pound test line on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                        Lol. They wouldn’t have to high fence their entire place. Just what’s next to you. They could have that done in an afternoon for less than what you paid for your acre.
                        I guess I didn't explain myself well in my original post so here's an aerial showing the situation. Everything in yellow (150 ac) I have leased up already for as long as I want it, plus another 350 acres adjacent to and north of the image I have leased. Everything in red and to the east is the 1,500 acres of managed property. The green triangle is the 1.27 acres.
                        The neighbor to the south is not the same as the 1,500 acre block owner, so the south neighbor, east neighbor and the guy who owns the 1.27 acres and owner of the 150, would all 3 have to fence me out.

I was just thinking that if I ever decided not to lease everything in yellow, I could kill the same bucks off the 1.27 ac as I would if I shot them in the bean field to my west, for a lot less money in the long run.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
                          I understand what you are wanting to do, but I think you are gonna be the neighbor that everyone loves to hate. Look at it this way, they have a management plan, you shoot what jumps the fence.

I get that and don't have any problem with being labeled as such... to me, whether I kill a deer on the 1.27 acres, or in the 150 acre bean field I already have leased up that's 20 yards further west, makes no difference to me. Unless you have several hundred of acres to yourself in one contiguous block, bucks are gonna roam and jump a fence regardless, especially in Kansas. (see aerial below for a better explanation)

Comment

sorry double post

Comment

Zero! Your about to only be able to get a tag every other year. And commissioners are talking about banning baiting.

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post

Would ya like, to come take a look at my back yard ???

Comment

Working...
                                X