Park suggestions. Family RV trips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Park suggestions. Family RV trips.

With the little one getting old enough to not mind making trips we just upgraded our travel trailer. Momma wants to start seeing more of Texas and putting the trailer to work staying at some good parks. (Once hunting season comes and goes of course)

What’s are some of yalls favorite parks and campgrounds/lakes and/or scenic places to visit?

Inks, Lake State Park. Water, Longhorn Caverns, deer in camp, etc.

Comment

We used to camp Whitney and I would hunt the public land. Best of both worlds.

Comment

Caprock Canyons is our favorite . Well worth the drive.

Comment

I second Inks Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
            We used to camp Whitney and I would hunt the public land. Best of both worlds.

I’ll look into it.

Inks was one I was curious about, especially being a draw chance. Same with caprock, it would also be awesome I think once the kid is a little older and can make that long long drive and actually appreciate the view/animals

Comment

Only state park I’ve ever put the trailer in is Eisenhower.
              Great campground right on lake Texoma.
              Easy hiking trails, fishing dock, swim beach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lake Buchanan- canyon of the eagles, big chief, black rock park. I like Canyon of Eagles best but all are good.

Lake Georgetown - Jim Hogg or Cedar Breaks park

Jellystone parks - all are good but we prefer the one in Burleson. Go every year to it since 2013

Buena Vista Wildlife Safari in Evant

Dinosaur valley state park in Glen Rose. Can also stay at Oakdale Park in town. They have a large swimming pool

New Braunfels has a few including a jellystone or summit are my usual go to.

Bastrop State park

If willing to go out of state try Cajun Palms In Lafayette. I like to stop there for a couple nights on my way to/from Gulf Shores, Alabama state park. Gulf shores state park is an excellent state park. I highly recommend it especially with a stop in Lafayette on the way there.

Comment

B4 I recommend some, what do you want/need? Water, sewer, 30 or 50 amp? Feeding yourself, or need restaurants, camping or glamping?

Comment

Dont forget Huntsville SP just north of Houston, Garner SP, second for Inks Lake, and many other great ones.

Comment

Goose island Sp

Don’t overlook private parks, Army Corps of engineers, and GVRA parks. We like them better than the average stage park.

Comment

I’m not dead set on state parks I’m pretty much open to anything. As for places to eat and all that they’re a plus but not necessary. Really just wanting to see more of Texas and it’s scenery. Fishing always a plus.

Places I can hook the trailer up preferably. When I want to rough it I usually go solo. Once the kid is a lot older that may be a different story but for now I’d prefer places I can drag the trailer.

Comment

We have stayed at Huntsville State Park several times and enjoy it. We also go to Lake Texoma State park (on Okla side) every year and do some striper fishing. Also make annual trip to Fort Pickens on Gulf Island National Seashore just south of Pensacola, Fla with about 5 to 6 other couples, fun trip.

Comment

Purtis Creek...
                            Thank me later...
                            Call ahead..

Comment

Inks lake sp, Tyler sp, Huntsville sp, brazos bend sp. they all book up so book early. You can make reservations 5 months in advance at SP's and for the good spots I highly recommend doing just that.

Comment

Working...
                              X