Amazon to start using drones in College Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon to start using drones in College Station

Hopefully this hasn’t been posted. I didn’t find any threads searching Amazon or drone in the title…

Amazon by the end of this year is expected to start delivering packages in College Station and in Lockeford, CA. I think it is interesting that they chose College Station to launch and test it. According to Amazon it was Texas A&M and the relatively small town feel of the city that brought them in.

Amazon customers in College Station, Texas, will join those in Lockeford, California, to be among the first to receive Prime Air drone deliveries in the U.S.

Here is a YouTube video of what looks like some fairly large drones. It is claimed to completely autonomous or send it and forget it device.

Ready.....Aim......---------

Comment

How long until we start seeing stories of drones being shot down by thieves to steal the deliveries?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackdirtCowboy View Post
        How long until we start seeing stories of drones being shot down by thieves to steal the deliveries?
        I guess anything is possible but if someone is going to risk 10 years in prison for an unknown package that might turnout to be a $10 box of Ramen noodles or a $20 glucose testing kit…..

I would rather take my chances of running out of Walmart and facing a $500 find maximum if caught.

Comment

If you can have the package dropped in the back yard it could cut down on porch pirates.

Comment

What about fragile packages? That sounds like a train wreck.

Comment

Dripping packages in the back door. May get this one "Whacked"

Comment

They might as well saw the trees down around my house if they start this up every where. It will be hovering over my house three times a day. My old woman is getting something ever day🙄.

The Amazon van done wore trenches in my driveway.😂

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                  As opposed to videos of toss and run drivers?

If nothing else, Amazon will be solely responsible instead of USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    They might as well saw the trees down around my house if they start this up every where. It will be hovering over my house three times a day. My old woman is getting something ever day🙄.

The Amazon van done wore trenches in my driveway.😂
                    Maybe they will build you a helipad with an electric lift.

Comment

Originally posted by 98ag View Post
                      If you can have the package dropped in the back yard it could cut down on porch pirates.
                      My first thought as well. Will be some cool Ring videos of dogs chomping on drones.

OK, after watching the video that would take a really big dog!
                      Last edited by ACbob; 08-14-2022, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Yesterday they delivered 2 fridge filters in the Am and 4 small springs in the afternoon. They need to coordinate their deliveries better. Imo

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                          Yesterday they delivered 2 fridge filters in the Am and 4 small springs in the afternoon. They need to coordinate their deliveries better. Imo
                          word

and so does Sam's

i got a $10 8 pack of black olives from sam's delivered by fedex by itself. they could have just shipped (i have free shipping) my whole order from one spot and i wouldn't have minded a little delay. i hate waste of any kind and 10 item order coming in 7 different fedex packages is stupid in my opinion

Comment

Just more cameras to watch you, one more bar added to the cage.
                            Future headlines, "Amazon to Cooperate with Operation Find a Patriot".
                            Thank God it will be many yrs, before they make it out here.
                            The rift between city and country, from a culture standpoint, is starting to grow exponentially faster than anything we've ever seen, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                              Thats what im thinking lol

Comment

Working...
                              X