2022 Workout accountability...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    My workouts are still going well. Here is my schedule.

5am - 2 Mile Walk followed by 20-30 minute Yoga or Stretching session
    7pm - MTN OPS Elk Fit Workout (https://mtnops.com/blogs/fitness/elk-fit-program) followed by 20 minutes Peloton (mainly HIT intervals classes).

I also have moved to a stand up desk which I spend probably 60-70% of my standing vs sitting.
    Awesome and keep it up sir!!!!

Comment

Up too late again with family and probably again tonight. I'll try and make it tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
        I usually hit a full body routine 2-3 days per week. Mostly compound lifts. I strive for 3 days but sometimes only get 2 due to our hectic schedule. By doing full body, when I do miss a day, at least i know I've at least hit each muscle group 2 times that week.
        This is good advice. I try to hit every muscle group two times per week. It's usually an upper / lower split with some core and then 1-2 days of cardio.
        During hunting season, when I can't fit so many workouts in to a week, I try to get 2 days of full body strength training. For best results you'll want to work every muscle group two times per week.
        One example of a full body WO might be bench press, squat, bent over row, deadlift, overhead press and hammer curls.
        As mentioned, the Big 5 lifts: squats, deadlifts, chest press, row and overhead press.

Comment

Got something wrong with right arm (nerve type stuff). If i lift I get some relief for a few hours. Strange but am having some hand strength issues so scary pushing dumbbells over top of face or head

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Got something wrong with right arm (nerve type stuff). If i lift I get some relief for a few hours. Strange but am having some hand strength issues so scary pushing dumbbells over top of face or head
            Hope that heals up for you. I was born with and have dealt with weak arse hands and wrists all my life It’s like I have noodles for wrists instead of actual wrists.

Comment

Walking in for arms and core. Legs gooooo

Comment

Good chest and back session yesterday and just wrapping up shoulders and core right now.

Comment

Arms done this AM

Legs tomorrow morning

Comment

Nope. I was flat exhausted from working around the house this weekend. Tomorrow for sure.

Comment

Still got my running groove going here. Although it seems to get harder and harder with these temps and the humidity. And somehow I hurt myself getting out of bed this morning. Stay strong everyone!

Comment

Let’s get itttttt

Warming up on stairs getting ready for legs

Comment

Got to bed early and slept well. Actually woke up just before the alarm went off at 0345 and felt rested. I hit chest and biceps today. 5X5 and threw in some different stuff along the way.

DB bench press/preacher curl
                          Incline bench press/BB curl
                          Inverse grip bench press/overhead cable curls
                          Incline DB hammer fly/arm blaster curl 21's

Back and legs tomorrow

Comment

Awesome chest and back session. Lots of push ups.

Arms tomorrow. Might have to change up pre workouts also as the pump is meh.

Comment

Got to bed early for the second day in a row and can't believe I slept all the way through to 0345. That never happens at my old age! Hit the gym hard this morning before going to the Dr. office for annual blood draw.

Back and leg supersets. 5X5 on back and 5X8 on legs. I'm officially toast.

Lat pulldown neutral grip/prone leg curl
                              Low row neutral grip/sled leg press/calf raise
                              Overhead lat pull/leg extension
                              Bent over BB row inverse grip/Bells of steel squat

Comment

Arms and core done.

Shoulders and some more core manana. Also will try and knock out a 2 mile jog or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X