Owl Creek Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to admit, I'm a bit envious.

Those babies will make life long memories there.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie82josh View Post
      I have to admit, I'm a bit envious.

Those babies will make life long memories there.

Load the family up and come make some memories with us! Good to hear from you man!

Comment

Caught up! Congratulations on a really nice place that you and your family can enjoy.

Comment

The bid process for this project has been pretty alarming so far, even for someone in the business. The solution will be to do as much as I can myself, pay for what I can’t do, and hit pause if we hit our comfort ceiling in the budget this year. I ran up Friday afternoon to meet a local electrician/HVAC guy for a bid but he ended up unable to make it, go figure. Spent the weekend framing with the goal of getting far enough along through detail work that I could order what should be all the material needed to wrap up. Ended up getting my bathroom complete with pony wall and ceiling joists, joists up in the second bath, and the pantry barn door wall up. Made some depth adjustments to the pantry with the goal of fitting our slim hot water heater behind the fridge, putting it out of sight. That bumped my kitchen layout down some, leaving me about 5” of room between our rear exterior door and our 17’ run of cabinets. At that point in the day I took a break from framing to complete a material takeoff to enclose our lean to and made sure I had proper clearances to get an overhead door in on one end. Also had to float my slab where our slider will be installed as it had previously been sloped for the garage door. Note: mixing self leveler with a 1x2 is strongly discouraged! Finished the weekend out by completing my second wall that will take the sheetrock to the ceiling between our dropped ceiling bedroom areas and our open truss family room/kitchen. That was “fun” and really exposed my inexperience but it’s all plumb and level so I’m happy. Plumbers are scheduled to come out next week so I’ll need to get back up and prepare for them, despite a nasty weather forecast looming!

Comment

I started my career with PH a little over ten years ago and was working in a Pearland community sometime between year one and year two. I found this hammer in an attic while performing my daily build walks. No telling how many nails it has seen as it didn’t look much younger the day I found it. It has been with me ever since and I’ve developed a pretty strong emotional attachment to it. The head started loosening up on me Friday so I jammed a nail in to tighten her back up, avoiding cracking the handle for now. It’ll likely get retired to a wall in camp once we’re moved in and serve the remainder of its life as a conversion piece.

Comment

Looking like its all coming together.

If the hammer could talk!

Comment

Love the story on the hammer.

I love the progress and looking forward to you being able to sit back and just enjoy the place.

Comment

this is the absolute dream. congrats to you sir.

Comment

Looking very nice! I built my Barndo with the same shop you have. We have greatly enjoyed it!

Comment

looking great man, many family memories in the making

Comment

Ready for updated pics

Comment

I ran up for the day yesterday to sight a new rifle in and take care of a few odds and ends. Didn’t make a whole lot of progress other than wrapping up most of my ceiling joists but did get the slider door installed. Ended up having to pull the rear fenders off of my canam to get it to fit through the opening when it was time to leave, which means enclosing the new shop area got moved up the priority list. Nilgai hunt in south Texas this weekend will keep me away but I SHOULD have plumbers out this week. Looking forward to seeing their progress when I get back. Still trying to figure out how to address electrical/HVAC but we’ll get a plan together soon!

Comment

I know when to turn to the professionals, and plumbing is definitely that time. Found a semi local company that has been really responsive so I gave them the job. They aren’t 100% done but Cooper and I ran up to check on their work and drop off some new doors. I’m even more confident in the decision to bring them in after seeing how much saw cutting was done. My truck needed some new tires in a bad way so we stopped in Sherman on the way back to get that addressed. We hit the Petco and a boot shop while we waited, and since daddy got new shoes for the truck Coop got himself a pair of boots! Cool to see Rios of Mercedes representing the hometown! My riding buddy was very impressed that I had figured out how to get his name on the new tires [emoji23]

Comment

Making memories!

Comment

Send me that plumber contact please, just in case. Was he pretty reasonable on price?

Comment

Working...
                                X