Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-21-2020, 10:14 PM   #101
cwill
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burnet County

Prayers for a speedy recovery for you guys. I wish I had some treatment suggestions, but unfortunately I do not.
cwill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-21-2020, 10:50 PM   #102
Kdog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kinney County, TX/Wisconsin/Canada

Get well soon!
Kdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-21-2020, 11:12 PM   #103
JES
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stonewall County

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophy8 View Post
I donít know that they know anymore about it now than they did at the start LOL
And this is probably why youíre not getting any direction from the doc. The minute they think they have something figured out another study dispute should t on a daily basis. So youíre better off with them telling you almost nothing rather than something that could harm you?
JES is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-21-2020, 11:25 PM   #104
C-dubyah
Four Point

My wife told me today that she can't smell or taste anything. She had to write it down for me because apparently I have developed a resistance to listening to her.
C-dubyah is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-21-2020, 11:27 PM   #105
C-dubyah
Four Point

Honestly this happened today and I'm concerned.
C-dubyah is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 07:38 AM   #106
Hogmauler
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

James hope your son gets well soon bro. Really nice young man you got there.
Hogmauler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 07:48 AM   #107
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermise View Post
Haha, this is funny.
In a what an idiotic kind of post way.
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 07:49 AM   #108
hunt247
Ten Point

Hunt In: Saint Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
Definitely a surge going on, boss has it after going on vacation, several people in town have in now, several in relatives towns also, all but one are doing well. The one thats hospitalized was old, had underlying conditions was having pnemonia like symtoms but seems to be stable. IMO if you young and healthy without underlying medical conditions its much ado about nothing, if your old and sick its a different story. Eerybody gonna get it eventually, need to just work to herd immunity, if your old and sick thats unfortunate and I would be locked down in that case only, otherwise life goes on.
These are my thoughts too
hunt247 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 07:52 AM   #109
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogmauler View Post
James hope your son gets well soon bro. Really nice young man you got there.
Thanx
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 08:11 AM   #110
dphillips62
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mission Valley, Victoria, and anywhere else I can sling an arrow

I had it back in late Feb. No fever but I couldn't breath for a week and a half and had dry scratchy throat it was horrible really thought I was dying the Dr gave me a steroid inhaler that helped a little and put me on z-pak and oral steroids.
dphillips62 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 08:40 AM   #111
rvd
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Prayers sent for all going thru this.
rvd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 08:43 AM   #112
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

what I find surprising is the number of people that are confident that they had it yet test Neg for antibodies. So did they not really have it or is the antibody test unreliable or are people getting it and not developing antibodies?
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 08:52 AM   #113
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young

Hoping yall are feeling better this morning .

Shoot me a pm if yall are needing anything and cant get out. Will be working in the LH area most of the day and can run something by.
bloodtrailer28 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 08:58 AM   #114
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboswell View Post
what I find surprising is the number of people that are confident that they had it yet test Neg for antibodies. So did they not really have it or is the antibody test unreliable or are people getting it and not developing antibodies?

I'm trying to disect this as well...my sister has been talking to a lot of docs since her hubby & kids have it & being told most people that tested positive still test negative for the anti-body??

They are all going to get tested for the anti once the negatives tests show they are clear. Keep ya posted.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 08:59 AM   #115
killerbee
Pope & Young

prayers for you and your family Matt.
killerbee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 09:07 AM   #116
twobittxn
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brown Co. and public land

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-dubyah View Post
Honestly this happened today and I'm concerned.
Your wife needs to get tested and quarantine.
twobittxn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 09:08 AM   #117
panhandlehunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brazoria, Matagorda & Webb Counties

Quote:
I think most people testing negative for the antibodies havenít had it. There is some margin of error in the testing but Iíd assume overall itís probably 98%+ accurate.
panhandlehunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 09:38 AM   #118
bboswell
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhandlehunter View Post
I think most people testing negative for the antibodies havenít had it. There is some margin of error in the testing but Iíd assume overall itís probably 98%+ accurate.

Assumptions have caused us a world of crap in this deal
Old 06-22-2020, 09:41 AM   #119
BJ DUPLECHAIN
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wood Co

Quote:
Early on, the antibody tests did not have a very high specificity. This meant there were a lot of false positives due to previous infections with other coronaviruses, not SARS-CoV-2. As for false negatives, some of the earlier tests were too insensitive and only those people that were REALLY sick (severe cases) had enough antibodies to give a positive test result. Those with a more mild case did not have enough antibodies to read positive.
BJ DUPLECHAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 10:04 AM   #120
pilar
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sisterdale and el dorado , Jeff Davis, refugio/sinton , San perlita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
I'm trying to disect this as well...my sister has been talking to a lot of docs since her hubby & kids have it & being told most people that tested positive still test negative for the anti-body??

They are all going to get tested for the anti once the negatives tests show they are clear. Keep ya posted.
I think there are many different types of COVID virus
Maybe they had a COVID but not Covid-19
Or a early un mutant version?

^^^^ above post ^^^^ seems logical
pilar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 10:07 AM   #121
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: LookingÖ.Pow Pow!

Just seeing this Matt. How long have y'all been down with it?

What symptoms y'all having? Prayers for a speedy recovery.
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 10:24 AM   #122
Leverhunter
Eight Point

Quote:
I donít know that they know anymore about it now than they did at the start LOL
True statement. I watched part of an interview with a doc from University of Minnesota and he said one of the biggest problems is they just don't know much about it.

Hope you and family get feeling better soon !
Leverhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 10:52 AM   #123
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

Quote:
Assumptions have caused us a world of crap in this deal

I assume youíre right
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 11:04 AM   #124
Arrowsmith
OTD - Older than Dirt

Hunt In: Iowa

Prayers spoken for you and your wife.
Arrowsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 11:26 AM   #125
Txtourist
Four Point

Hunt In: MN, SD,TX

We think we had it back in early March. I was in Chicago and New York the week before. Testing was not available at that time to non healthcare workers or those not needing hospitalization. My wife has an antigen test scheduled next week.
We don’t know our blood types. We’re both 40. She’s in good shape, works out, I could lose 30 pounds and have mild asthma. I had a much harder time and had 3-4 days that made me nervous. Felt like a ratchet strap around my chest. About a week of that time I was devoid of energy and short of breath. Felt better for a day or two, then it started up again.
Took 3 plus weeks to get energy back and begin feeling better and probably 5-6 weeks to get energy levels back. Huge doses of vitamin C, zinc, seemed to help during the worst days. I had ibuterol inhaler/nebulizer on hand. It helped with immediate breathing problems, but I stayed sick.
It’s no joke, and I wish I had some good advice. Kids all seems like they had coughs and colds a few days after our worst days. Thankful for friends who dropped off groceries when we were isolated.
Txtourist is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 11:46 AM   #126
SmTx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jim Wells

With stories coming out you can catch it again I'm not sure antibody testing has any value.

I had to test for covid and it was negative. Been getting pressure to antibody test but just cant find the want to go do it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
SmTx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 11:50 AM   #127
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mcmullen County

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
With stories coming out you can catch it again I'm not sure antibody testing has any value.

I had to test for covid and it was negative. Been getting pressure to antibody test but just cant find the want to go do it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I tested in April. Confirmed positive. Tested in May and confirmed negative, with positive antibody test.
ACCURACYINC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 11:50 AM   #128
Filletem
Eight Point

Hunt In: Lavaca/Hardin Counties

Bunch of us at work got it right before it came out. I’m pretty sure we had it by the symptoms as they are described. It hit me for a couple of days with fever then a week of a dry cough it wasn’t too bad. Others were laid up and thought they were gonna die. I guess every one is different. Those that went to the doc all got different diagnosis anything from the flu to bronchitis.
Filletem is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 12:16 PM   #129
txhunter90
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lindale

One good friend of ours is in Austin. She lost her sense of taste and smell. First test was negative, and just received her 2nd test today which was positive. They just told her to quarantine and that was it. Our other friend just lost her sense of taste today and probably the same route. They just tell them all to rest and that is about it. Good luck and hopefully all ends well.
txhunter90 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 12:17 PM   #130
Budman68
Ten Point

For you guys wanting to get tested fast. Go to the Walgreens site and look for a testing site near you. I've put several up in Texas and they use the Abbott test that give you the results in a few minutes. It's self administered as Matt said.

Hope everyone is does great. I'm just returned from Vegas and the plane was full of dumbash people not wearing mask. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't get infected.
Budman68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 12:25 PM   #131
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

I know one person that has had it. He is 40ish, moderately decent shape.....it was like having the flu for him. What is crazy is that his wife nor his two young daughters contracted it. He said the worst thing was being away from his family for 15 days and not getting to see them. For being so contagious, it is weird how this could happen. It doesnt seem to follow the rules, or at least those we have been warned about.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 12:32 PM   #132
wudduk
Four Point

Me, wife, daughter and son all got it. I had next to no symptoms. Dry cough, mild sore throat, and a headache 1 day. Wife and daughter lost sense of smell and taste. Wife ran fever for 4 days. They all felt pretty bad for a few days but nothing serious. I ran the chainsaw and cut out roads, cut grass and anything else I could find to keep me busy. With the mild symptoms I had, I would have never gotten tested. But with everyone else in my house tested positive, I got the test
wudduk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 01:02 PM   #133
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

My daughter had it in March. Doc gave her hydroxycholorquine and z-pac, and her fever was gone in 24 hours. She felt normal 2 days later. I don't know if you can get a prescription for HCQ anymore, as it's been so politicized. But it worked for everybody that used it. If you can get an Rx for it, that would be good. Add zinc, as everybody has already said. I guess the tonic water might be next best thing if you can't get HCQ anymore. Would be worth a shot.

From everything I read, zinc is actually what stops the cytokine storm that CV causes. HCQ just helps get the zinc through the cell walls more efficiently so that it can stop the virus from replicating itself inside your body's cells.

Hope y'all get better soon, Matt!
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 01:27 PM   #134
careybirdwell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Melvin, TX

Hope you get to feeling better. My brother got sick last Tuesday, and just came back positive for the corona virus
careybirdwell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 02:08 PM   #135
3ChordTruth
Six Point

First off and most important, I hope all who have covid get through it OK, you are in my prayers and sorry for your suffering. Reading through this post has helped me learn some useful covid information, thanks to those who posted the info. I am surprised to read so many have or believe they have covid, seems like covid is really picking up speed how fast it is spreading in Texas. A shout out of thanks to Budman68, I went to the Walgreens site and learned quite a bit about covid I did not know. Most important, I learned how/where to get me, family, friends quickly tested in a close location.
3ChordTruth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 02:12 PM   #136
bboswell
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
First off and most important, I hope all who have covid get through it OK, you are in my prayers and sorry for your suffering. Reading through this post has helped me learn some useful covid information, thanks to those who posted the info. I am surprised to read so many have or believe they have covid, seems like covid is really picking up speed how fast it is spreading in Texas. A shout out of thanks to Budman68, I went to the Walgreens site and learned quite a bit about covid I did not know. Most important, I learned how/where to get me, family, friends quickly tested in a close location.

Covid has picked up some but testing availability has picked up far more which is the main factor in increased cases in my belief.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:23 PM   #137
sandhillhunter
Six Point

Hunt In: Taylor County, TX and New Mexico

Quote:
FYI the place I got tested had a rapid test. Barely stuck the thing in my nose and results were there in 25 minutes.

My wife had a normal test. Said it hurt like heck. They went deep in her nose. Said 3-5 days for a result but had it back in 24 hours.

Do the rapid test if you can. Iíve got BCBS insurance. It cost me $50.
When it comes to diagnostic testing, these type of tests can be problematic.

If youíre running a test on blood (whole blood, serum, or plasma) itís easy to tell if you have an adequate sample to run the test on. This is what they use for the antibody tests that show whether you were exposed in the past. It usually takes 2-3 weeks for a positive antibody test to develop.

Tests that use nasal swabs do not generally tell you if your sample was adequate (quality of the sample). They only show positive or negative.

So, a rapid test where they barely stick the swab in your nose may not collect enough tissue (mucous, nasal secretions) to show a positive. It may be quick and easy but it might also yield a false negative result. Not much different than sampling the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sandhillhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 02:31 PM   #138
AlaskaFlyerFan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Don't have a place yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhillhunter View Post

If youíre running a test on blood (whole blood, serum, or plasma) itís easy to tell if you have an adequate sample to run the test on. This is what they use for the antibody tests that show whether you were exposed in the past. It usually takes 2-3 weeks for a positive antibody test to develop.

Tests that use nasal swabs do not generally tell you if your sample was adequate (quality of the sample). They only show positive or negative.

So, a rapid test where they barely stick the swab in your nose may not collect enough tissue (mucous, nasal secretions) to show a positive. It may be quick and easy but it might also yield a false negative result. Not much different than sampling the air.

Correct me if Iím wrong, but Arenít the swabs testing for the antigen? Antibody testing has to be a blood draw, correct?
AlaskaFlyerFan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 02:39 PM   #139
arrowsmack324
Ten Point

Hunt In: 100% Public

Hoping to catch it bad enough so my family can profit from it, you know insurance and what not.
arrowsmack324 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 02:43 PM   #140
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
Correct me if Iím wrong, but Arenít the swabs testing for the antigen? Antibody testing has to be a blood draw, correct?

That is my understanding...wife is having it done this week & said to get results in 10min so I'll follow up.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 02:43 PM   #141
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mcmullen County

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
Hoping to catch it bad enough so my family can profit from it, you know insurance and what not.
There's typically only a 2 year suicide exclusion on life insurance policies in Texas if you're really motivated....
ACCURACYINC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 02:46 PM   #142
Budman68
Ten Point

Quote:
Don't say crap like that. Now we are on the hook for you getting sick and checking out.
Budman68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 02:46 PM   #143
arrowsmack324
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
There's typically only a 2 year suicide exclusion on life insurance policies in Texas if you're really motivated....
Thanks for that info, guess I'll ride it out assuming the Rona doesn't help me out.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:46 PM   #144
JFFB
Four Point

Hunt In: Pointe Coupee
Lightbulb Covid

Quote:
My wife and I both tested positive late this last week after a contractor at work tested positive for it. No telling where we got it. Our 4 year old seems to have it too but not doing too bad so far. Me and the wife are not having a good time to say the least lol.

Docs seem to just want you in a black hole. No help. Just say go to ER if it gets bad. Bunch of bull****. Whole body hurts. Chest pains. My wife seems to be worse off than I am. If you had it, what helped?
My wife is a nurse and about 4 weeks a small town doctor thought or like he wanted her to test positive because he thought she had it. Sent her home from work after they ran a complete battery of test and nothing showed up. Sent her to take a test at the hospital stuck the swab to her brain I get home and ask about it. I ask what have they found not till tomorrow why there doing those test and letting people know in 15 mins. She said he told that's not a good test. WTH are people taking them for. The next day the Lab calls and says your negative back to normal smiling and hour later he call back and over rides the Lab that knows better and says he still thinks positive he called it a negative positive just broke her heart plus I run my own business I ask what am I suppose to do she ask him that and said don't say anything to no one. I told her that's Crazy. Made her wait 2 days before taking another test and could not go out shopping or any thing like that. 40 hours later negative again. What Pizz me of why he did not get with the hospital and Lab before he called her. Bring her and tear her down in such a little time. I still Pray for every one out there every day dealing with this. Okay gotta Geaux its about time to go riot tonight. Oh forgot I have to go to work tomorrow.
JFFB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 02:52 PM   #145
arrowsmack324
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman68 View Post
Don't say crap like that. Now we are on the hook for you getting sick and checking out.
Dang guess I'll have to send out thank you cards!
Old 06-22-2020, 02:53 PM   #146
Rcole1310
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brackettville,TX

Quote:
Covid has picked up some but testing availability has picked up far more which is the main factor in increased cases in my belief.

An increase in testing wonít account for all of the folks that are coming into the hospitals with it now. Testing or no testing, those folks would have been sick either way. I can tell you from first hand knowledge, the hospitals are seeing a big spike in Houston.

Rcole1310 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 02:54 PM   #147
Rcole1310
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brackettville,TX
Default Whoís had Covid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhillhunter View Post

Good info! I was trying to explain this to my dad.

Rcole1310 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 02:54 PM   #148
arrowsmack324
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcole1310 View Post
An increase in testing wonít account for all of the folks that are coming into the hospitals with it now. Testing or no testing, those folks would have been sick either way. I can tell you from first hand knowledge, the hospitals are seeing a big spike in Houston.

Fingers crossed!
Old 06-22-2020, 02:56 PM   #149
bobc
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bell County, New Mexico

Quote:
Might want to read your policy first. Was talking with a guy on Friday, and he says that most policies have verbiage to say they are not liable for payment if death is due to a pandemic.
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2020, 02:58 PM   #150
arrowsmack324
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobc View Post
Might want to read your policy first. Was talking with a guy on Friday, and he says that most policies have verbiage to say they are not liable for payment if death is due to a pandemic.
More good info, I'll stop my "paper trail" here then.