Sticker Siting/GW Stop all in one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    When you take a picture of the GW holding a bag of obviously boned-out meat and tell them that the pics and story are going to be on a popular Texas hunting website......well, they pretty much have to write the tickets.
    Not that it makes a difference, but I didn't initially take a picture of the warden holding the bag. After I took a few shots, he asked if I wanted a picture "with the evidence".

Again, they weren't wrong in writing the tickets. However, it does change my attitude in how I communicate with law enforcement. I'm sure they could care less about that. Wait, maybe that's part of the problem.

Michael
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
      When the game warden informed me he was giving me the double citation I was stunned and said "Wow! How much does that cost?" He replied, "I don't know, but its not in my budget".

[ATTACH]124557[/ATTACH]

LOL. What a ^$%#@ !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        Guys, I know it stinks to get a ticket, and we all feel like it was a situation where a warning was in order whenever it happens to us. But, the GWs were kinda painted into a corner, I imagine. When you take a picture of the GW holding a bag of obviously boned-out meat and tell them that the pics and story are going to be on a popular Texas hunting website......well, they pretty much have to write the tickets. Not only are a bunch of Texas hunters watching their handling of the situation now, but maybe their boss(es) are watching too. I suspect that they would have a hard time writing a warning when there are two violations so well-documented and promised to be publicized.

Maybe they felt bad about having to cite such nice folks, or maybe they enjoyed it. I don't know, but either way they probably didn't have much choice in that situation.
        I see your point but the DPS trooper gave Michael a warning and he also knew about Texasbowhunter.com. He knew the fact that he chose to issue a warning instead of a ticket. He even gave Michael his e mail address. He certainly did not feel painted into any corner. The whole plate on the trailer was gone! Meanwhile, I actually had my license and had tagged my game.

If anything, the DPS trooper looks like the kind of guy that was able to read the situation and use his disretion where his end of the law was concerned.

$500! Gulp!

Anyone have an idea on how much for processing beyond quartering? I'm by no means a rich guy. This will leave a mark.
        Last edited by Legdog; 10-04-2009, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Not that it makes a difference, but I didn't initially take a picture of the warden holding the bag. After I took a few shots, he asked if I wanted a picture "with the evidence".

Again, they weren't wrong in writing the tickets. However, it does change my attitude in how I communicate with law enforcement. I'm sure they could care less about that. Wait, maybe that's part of the problem.

Michael
          Ahhh.......well, that does seem to be a little different then. Maybe they enjoyed it a little too much.

Leggy, I hope the judge is a little more "common sense" than the citing officer when it comes time to decide on a fine.

Comment

Legdog
            I don't know the fine but ask for a deferal. This will only go on record with TP&W.Everytime a GW stops you it will come up and they'll probably look even harder. If they look hard enough they can get you on something.
            (Example) How many of ya’ll have a written consent from the owner of your lease. How many of ya’ll carry this with you when your in the field.

Comment

Wow....sorry to hear this. Congrats on the doe even though now you probably wish you had never shot her!

Comment

Raw venison

Here's a quote from the TPWD website on processing game in camp.

Processing Carcass in Camp

"You are allowed to prepare for immediate consumption and eat all or a part of a properly tagged wildlife resource while in camp; however, all tagging and proof of sex regulations apply to remaining parts."

You should have politely taken the bag and started eating it raw. That would have qualified for "immediate consumption". Tell them you sleep in your truck which is also your camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba View Post
                  Legdog
                  I don't know the fine but ask for a deferal. This will only go on record with TP&W.Everytime a GW stops you it will come up and they'll probably look even harder. If they look hard enough they can get you on something.
                  (Example) How many of ya’ll have a written consent from the owner of your lease. How many of ya’ll carry this with you when your in the field.
                  Got our neigbhors for that last year. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A WRITTEN DOCUMENT ON HAND EVEN IF YOU HAVE A LEASE OR PERMISSION TO HUNT A PROPERTY!

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post

"You are allowed to prepare for immediate consumption and eat all or a part of a properly tagged wildlife resource while in camp; however, all tagging and proof of sex regulations apply to remaining parts."

You should have politely taken the bag and started eating it raw. That would have qualified for "immediate consumption". Tell them you sleep in your truck which is also your camp.
                    Your on to something.I eat part of a quarter in camp.What do I do with the rest Due to the fact there is also a law on wasting game.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                      Wow....sorry to hear this. Congrats on the doe even though now you probably wish you had never shot her!
                      Exactly!

I'm not the kind of guy to dwell on stuff like this so this will be my only day to get the "whine" out of my system.

Another look at my stand... I consider a good tree stand that provides me and my kids with some table fare to be a near religious experience. Hunting is a past time that is meaningful to me on many levels from fellowship to adventure. Oh well...

Click image for larger version

Name:	my stand 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	23902844

I really should be working on reporting the events of the rest of the weekend.

Comment

Valid point guys. I did call warden about deer, but had he come out to investigate and then write me a ticket for not having written consent I would say, " I should have never"

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post

Yeah I saw that but it still doesn't say can't cut it beyond quartering.

Comment

I could be wrong but I think you only need a Landowner Consent document if hunting in Harris County.

From TPWD website.

It is against the law to:

hunt wild animals or wild birds or target shoot on land in HARRIS County owned by another without having in immediate possession written consent of the landowner of that land. The written consent must contain the hunter's name, identify the land on which hunting or target shooting is permitted, be signed by the landowner or legal agent for the owner, and must show the address and phone number of the person signing consent. The owner or agent and any person hunting or target shooting with the owner or agent on public or private shooting ranges are exempt from this special regulation.

Comment

Well technically you are guilty and you will learn from this and not make the same mistake twice. Also make sure you get the complete date punched out on the tag. Because some of them are really picky about that.

You only process what you are going to eat in camp. Everything else you just quarter and keep proof of sex.

Sounds like a bummer end to a good weekend. I hope the rest of your season is better.

Comment

Legdog you got a raw deal......Not cool GW's!

A little "educational talk" would have accomplished the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X