Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-29-2020, 09:26 PM   #101
tvc184
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy wonder View Post
A guy I went to HS with ran out onto his front porch with a bat to scare off thieves. They killed him on his front porch, sad for his family. Don't run out to scare them off!
Donít run out period. Walk out quietly, preferably from a concealed location like out the back door.
tvc184 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2020, 12:35 PM   #102
Olphart
Ten Point

Hunt In: My backyard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvc184 View Post
Donít run out period. Walk out quietly, preferably from a concealed location like out the back door.
...and then blow the crap out of their vehicle tires, then wait for them to approach!
Olphart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2020, 12:42 PM   #103
Leon County Slayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Camo (Leon County) - Knifemaker<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlewax View Post
Toss a few of these out of the front door..........problem solved.
Get video too, this would be entertaining
Leon County Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2020, 01:29 PM   #104
SabineHunter
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRat View Post
so after reading through all this it seems the best plan of action is to wait until they arrive, turn a light on and go outside and help them take the rims and tires off and load them to make sure none of the crooks hurt their backs in the process so you don't get sued. then tell them thank you and have a nice night and go back to bed. get up and go buy new tires/rims and repeat as many times as necessary.
Most here would do exactly that.
The NRA has excellent insurance that covers this exact situation and more, like hunting accidents, etc. $175/yr for $1million as low as $75 for 250k

Now, some of you can grow back your nads.
SabineHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2020, 04:20 PM   #105
bullets13
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion Co, Jefferson Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
I wouldn’t shoot anybody over some tires. But if they had a vehicle it would get some bullet holes. Let them sue.
Gotta be careful with that. Had a guy locally shoot at some folks who were stealing a couple of cases of beer. I think he was an off duty security guard or something. Anyway, that being said, he fired at the tires, but a bullet went into the car and missed the thieves, but managed to strike and kill a female passenger who was asleep in the back seat. He was indicted, and also lost a civil suit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.12n.../502-311878608

Last edited by bullets13; 06-30-2020 at 04:30 PM.
bullets13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2020, 05:39 PM   #106
sailor
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets13 View Post
Gotta be careful with that. Had a guy locally shoot at some folks who were stealing a couple of cases of beer. I think he was an off duty security guard or something. Anyway, that being said, he fired at the tires, but a bullet went into the car and missed the thieves, but managed to strike and kill a female passenger who was asleep in the back seat. He was indicted, and also lost a civil suit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.12n.../502-311878608
That's because, we have no system of justice, in this country.....
sailor is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2020, 10:23 PM   #107
bullets13
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion Co, Jefferson Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
That's because, we have no system of justice, in this country.....
Sorry, but if my daughter is asleep in the back seat of a car and the guys sheís with try to steal $50 worth of beer, Iíll be looking justice if she gets shot and killed by some idiot trying to be a hero.
bullets13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2020, 02:57 AM   #108
tvc184
Pope & Young

Quote:
Sorry, but if my daughter is asleep in the back seat of a car and the guys sheís with try to steal $50 worth of beer, Iíll be looking justice if she gets shot and killed by some idiot trying to be a hero.
Yep. He killed a woman asleep in a car over two cases of beer.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:45 AM   #109
db@100
Ten Point

Quote:
Yep. He killed a woman asleep in a car over two cases of beer.
Just wonder if she had been in the car with bank robbers and she had been shot. Would that have changed anything?
db@100 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2020, 07:36 AM   #110
wickll
Eight Point

Hunt In: Victoria and Lavaca Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Why not just click the panic button your key fob, I sure the horn honking and lights flashing would cause them to vacate immediately. I would not really want to confront someone that could be armed over some wheels and tires.
Rick, best answer for safety and hopefully stopping the theft. And least chance for litigation. I would have a hard time just watching someone steal my property, but I also don't want to kill someone over a few tires.
wickll is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2020, 07:43 AM   #111
dphillips62
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mission Valley, Victoria, and anywhere else I can sling an arrow

So where does this stop?
I agree with River Rat on this the thieves just keep getting away with everything so they level up. Where does this stop? I wouldn't want to kill anyone over a set of wheels but it's the principle
leave my stuff alone
dphillips62 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2020, 07:49 AM   #112
sailor
Pope & Young

Quote:
So...Ö..you mad at the guy shooting...ÖÖÖ.
or the guy, who thought your daughter's life, was worth
$50 in beer...ÖÖ.
sailor is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2020, 07:51 AM   #113
RifleBowPistol
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any where I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by myway View Post
Question 1.You think you are not getting sued either way?
Question 2. You think your legal legal fees are more or less if you shoot them and they do not die?

Both serious questions.
The info he gave, is exactly the info I was given by a long time veteran law enforcement officer. If they are dead, they can't sue, yes their family might try, but the perp won't be alive to lie about what happened. I am going with what I was told, no non Lethal shots fired, either dead or don't shoot.
RifleBowPistol is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2020, 09:50 AM   #114
M16
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, ,Menard Counties

Quote:
The idiot is the one who gets shot stealing the beer. If Iím on the jury youíre getting nothing and will be paying the legal fees of the person you sued.
M16 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2020, 09:59 AM   #115
Greenheadless
Ten Point

Hunt In: Liberty County

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-30 View Post
My LTC class instructor told us deadly force is justified if someone is stealing your property or fleeing with your stolen property.

Whether that's entirely true or not, it could be interpreted 1,000 different ways by a jury.

Not worth it for wheels....
You are missing some very key verbiage of that penal code reference.
Greenheadless is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2020, 10:01 AM   #116
Greenheadless
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by westtexducks View Post
Theft of property at night I have the legal ability to shoot them. And **** right they are getting shot trying to take my stuff. They don't want shot leave my stuff alone.

Long as the shoot is legal then not worried about a lawsuit. And at night taking my stuff. Pretty sure that is legal. Will have to post the laws when I get back to my computer.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
Once again, you might want to revisit the specific penal code reference for this,.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:01 AM   #117
SabineHunter
Six Point

Quote:

Why would your daughter be hangin' with these punks in the first place? She doesn't, does she?
Old 07-01-2020, 10:03 AM   #118
SabineHunter
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenheadless View Post
Once again, you might want to revisit the specific penal code reference for this,.
Where was he wrong? That's what I understand as well.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:08 AM   #119
DosToros
Six Point

Hunt In: Jim Wells County, Oklahoma, Kansas

Honestly I would move.
DosToros is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2020, 10:12 AM   #120
double bogey
Ten Point

Hunt In: where ever I can

I believe the verbiage is that if your shoot is declared self defense, the person or family cannot collect damages from you. Not sure if it says anything about protecting property. But i am half asleep, and could be wrong about the property.

It says you can use lethal force to protect property theft, if the property cannot be recovered another way. Some say insurance can replace stolen property.
double bogey is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2020, 10:12 AM   #121
westtexducks
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can.

Quote:
Maybe your reading comprehension sucks but this right here gives me legal justification in the night to light you up for trying to steal my property as long as it meets these definitions.

9.41 referenced by texas 9.42

(a) A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the otherís trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.
(b) A person unlawfully dispossessed of land or tangible, movable property by another is justified in using force against the other when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to reenter the land or recover the property if the actor uses the force immediately or in fresh pursuit after the dispossession and:
(1) the actor reasonably believes the other had no claim of right when he dispossessed the actor; or
(2) the other accomplished the dispossession by using force, threat, or fraud against the actor.

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the otherís imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.
westtexducks is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2020, 10:14 AM   #122
hpdrifter
Ten Point

Hunt In: anywhere I can

Quote:
Theft of property at night I have the legal ability to shoot them. And **** right they are getting shot trying to take my stuff. They don't want shot leave my stuff alone.

Long as the shoot is legal then not worried about a lawsuit. And at night taking my stuff. Pretty sure that is legal. Will have to post the laws when I get back to my computer.

Legal or not, it could still cost you up to 100 times(or more) what those tires and wheels cost, not to mention your job, family strife, etc. Whether it was legal or not maybe decided by a jury. Pay your money, pull the trigger and takes your chances. A jury may find you guilty, then you have the Supreme court of Texas lawyer fees.

Then again, the local DA might not indict.

If you shot to kill and did so, they still have family that will try to sue.

If it was legal, weren't charged, then I THINK there is no civil recourse.
Not sure, maybe someone can confirm.
hpdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2020, 10:15 AM   #123
double bogey
Ten Point

Quote:
Maybe your reading comprehension sucks but this right here gives me legal justification in the night to light you up for trying to steal my property as long as it meets these definitions.

(a) A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the otherís trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.
(b) A person unlawfully dispossessed of land or tangible, movable property by another is justified in using force against the other when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to reenter the land or recover the property if the actor uses the force immediately or in fresh pursuit after the dispossession and:
(1) the actor reasonably believes the other had no claim of right when he dispossessed the actor; or
(2) the other accomplished the dispossession by using force, threat, or fraud against the actor.

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the otherís imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

I dont see anything in there protecting you from civil liability.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:20 AM   #124
Deers & Beers
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I Can

Hit him with some bird shot. He won't be back.
Deers & Beers is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2020, 10:21 AM   #125
SmTx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jim Wells

Y'all hear about the nazi in Oklahoma? That'll be a weird one to watch.
SmTx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2020, 10:23 AM   #126
westtexducks
Pope & Young

Just FYI for everyone here you can self represent and not pay out the rear in attorney fees. And it is possible to get court costs pushed over and on to the suing party when there suit fails.

Old 07-01-2020, 10:26 AM   #127
Greenheadless
Ten Point

Quote:

I would suggest you pay close attention to the Ďorísí and the Ďandísí in that penal code reference.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:29 AM   #128
Greenheadless
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by double bogey View Post
I believe the verbiage is that if your shoot is declared self defense, the person or family cannot collect damages from you. Not sure if it says anything about protecting property. But i am half asleep, and could be wrong about the property.

It says you can use lethal force to protect property theft, if the property cannot be recovered another way. Some say insurance can replace stolen property.
...or, what if you confront the perp and they drop the property and then get shot?

......or, the perp is shot in the back fleeing with property, with no warning?
Old 07-01-2020, 10:30 AM   #129
westtexducks
Pope & Young

Quote:
I would suggest you pay close attention to the Ďorísí and the Ďandísí in that penal code reference.
Yes I know how to read and comprehend things. What about those ands and ors don't you get where if I reasonably believe in all of those things his *** is grass and perfectly legal? It is right there in black and white? What part of that are you reading where it says not to shoot the joker?

Old 07-01-2020, 10:30 AM   #130
powderburner
Eight Point

Hunt In: Zapata-San Ygnacio

Thought about this thread this morning. 3 pickups on my street had their tailgates stolen last night.

Thank God they left mine alone. But I feel the obvious security camera looking down the driveway with motion lights saved me
powderburner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2020, 11:01 AM   #131
Greenheadless
Ten Point

Quote:
Yes I know how to read and comprehend things. What about those ands and ors don't you get where if I reasonably believe in all of those things his *** is grass and perfectly legal? It is right there in black and white? What part of that are you reading where it says not to shoot the joker?

Shoot’em my man. Get on with your bad self. Nothing one the penal except says you can’t. It does clearly define what is defense to legal prosecution though.

I hope you have a lawyer on retainer though.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:03 AM   #132
westtexducks
Pope & Young

I am honestly curious and would love to see what your reading that says I am wrong in my analysis of those penal codes?

Old 07-01-2020, 11:14 AM   #133
hpdrifter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by double bogey View Post
I dont see anything in there protecting you from civil liability.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_la...Civil_Immunity

Civil Immunity
In addition, two statutes of the Texas Civil Practice And Remedies Code protect people who justifiably threaten or use deadly force. Chapter 86 prohibits a person convicted of a misdemeanor or felony from filing suit to recover any damages suffered as a result of the criminal act or any justifiable action taken by others to prevent the criminal act or to apprehend the person, including the firing of a weapon.[29] Chapter 83 of the same code states that a person who used force or deadly force against an individual that is justified under TPC Chapter 9 is immune from liability for personal injury or death of the individual against whom the force was used.[30] This does not relieve a person from liability for use of force or deadly force on someone against whom the force would not be justified, such as a bystander hit by an errant shot.
This law does not prevent a person from being sued for using deadly force. The civil court will determine if the defendant was justified under chapter 9 of the Penal Code, [I]however the civil court will be generally bound at common law by the previous determinations of a criminal court under the principles of res judicata and Stare decisis, in so far as those legal doctrines will apply to the case. [/1]

Looks like generally, if not guilty, you are civilly protected, but not absolutely.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:26 AM   #134
SabineHunter
Six Point

Dang! For those scared to defend what is theirs because of civil suits, buy the insurance I mentioned in an earlier post above and put on your big boy pants.
Good thing the lightweights here weren't at the Alamo. Lol
Old 07-01-2020, 11:37 AM   #135
hpdrifter
Ten Point

Quote:
I am honestly curious and would love to see what your reading that says I am wrong in my analysis of those penal codes?

I think(again) what he means is, holler at em to stop and leave first. If they don't, then they threaten you with physical harm, things might be different.

You are required to try "other means" first.

Just my take.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:29 PM   #136
tvc184
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
The idiot is the one who gets shot stealing the beer. If Iím on the jury youíre getting nothing and will be paying the legal fees of the person you sued.
The ones stealing the beer didnít get shot. He missed them and killed the woman in the car.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:39 PM   #137
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Quote:
Shootíem my man. Get on with your bad self. Nothing one the penal except says you canít. It does clearly define what is defense to legal prosecution though.

I hope you have a lawyer on retainer though.
.......there is always geaux fund me!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2020, 03:46 PM   #138
tvc184
Pope & Young

Quote:

Yes, people post this law all the time. The part that is routinely ignored is the term ďreasonably believesĒ.

The person that used the deadly force does not get to sit in judgment of himself on that reasonable belief. A jury will determine if it was reasonable. The phrase ď Cannot be protected by other meansď might throw a wrench into the gears of that defense.

A guy is placing a check under a vehicle in order to steal the wheels. He is still several minutes away from being able to commit theft as he has to remove the lugs, then the tires, etc. Using deadly force against a person at that time, just because itís the nighttime, might land a person with 99 years in the hoosegow.

A jury sympathetic to the shooter might say, oh well, a thug is dead. Another jury might say but that in no way was reasonable and for a set of tires, you are now facing the rest of your life in prison.

We can all read the law. A jury will sit and look at the evidence and determine what is reasonable or not, not the police or the DA or the person that did the shooting.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:53 PM   #139
tvc184
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by db@100 View Post
Just wonder if she had been in the car with bank robbers and she had been shot. Would that have changed anything?
Was she the lookout? Was she the getaway driver? If so then she was part of the crime. If not....

People rightfully so love quoting chapter 9 of the Penal Code on self-defense.

However.....

Part of chapter 9 is almost always ignored in these discussions. Take a look at this section and see what you think.

>>>>> CHAPTER 9. JUSTIFICATION EXCLUDING CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY
CHAPTER 9. JUSTIFICATION EXCLUDING CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY

SUBCHAPTER A. GENERAL PROVISIONS

Sec. 9.05. RECKLESS INJURY OF INNOCENT THIRD PERSON.

Even though an actor is justified under this chapter in threatening or using force or deadly force against another, if in doing so he also recklessly injures or kills an innocent third person, the justification afforded by this chapter is unavailable in a prosecution for the reckless injury or killing of the innocent third person. <<<<<

It says that if you recklessly injure or kill a third-party, self-defense under chapter 9 no longer applies. You cannot injure or kill a third person and then claim self-defense even though the use of deadly force was entirely legal against the person committing the crime.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:16 PM   #140
westtexducks
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yes, people post this law all the time. The part that is routinely ignored is the term “reasonably believes”.

The person that used the deadly force does not get to sit in judgment of himself on that reasonable belief. A jury will determine if it was reasonable. The phrase “ Cannot be protected by other means“ might throw a wrench into the gears of that defense.

A guy is placing a check under a vehicle in order to steal the wheels. He is still several minutes away from being able to commit theft as he has to remove the lugs, then the tires, etc. Using deadly force against a person at that time, just because it’s the nighttime, might land a person with 99 years in the hoosegow.

A jury sympathetic to the shooter might say, oh well, a thug is dead. Another jury might say but that in no way was reasonable and for a set of tires, you are now facing the rest of your life in prison.

We can all read the law. A jury will sit and look at the evidence and determine what is reasonable or not, not the police or the DA or the person that did the shooting.
Exactly my point, all I have to do is convince a jury that I reasonably believed that it was the proper course of action. What is nice about that phrase I put in bold is I don't have to reasonably prove out section A of that penal code, since the word "or" follows it, I just have to prove out section B if he is actively using a tire iron to take my tires off that is a weapon and would expose me to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury. Now I come around the corner and they drop everything and run, nope not a justified shoot.

Really my point is I am way more justified and covered by the law to actually shoot the person and will have a better legal standing than if I start just shooting at their car. People like to think that is the correct way to go about it but if your going to pull a weapon and fire it, it needs to be into a person with intent to stop an act, not the knee, tires, engine block etc...

If we would go back to the old days of stringing people up for some of these offenses or shooting them when trying to steal crap in the middle of the night like they did 100 years ago a lot of this crap would stop. Instead you legally defend your property and all we can do is start screaming hope you have a lawyer when it is a legal shoot by definition in the penal code.

Last edited by westtexducks; 07-01-2020 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:41 PM   #141
breederbuck33
Ten Point

Some terrible advice on this thread. It is a terrible idea to shoot at, or even towards someone if you are not in fear for your life. You're going to spend a fortune on legal fees no matter where the bullet lands. It you KILL someone over a set of rims then you just ruined your life over a set of rims. It is very easy for internet tough guys to sit behind their keyboards and say they'd come out guns a blazin! The smart thing to do would be to call the police, get as many details as possible about the thief, and be prepared to protect yourself and your family if they decide to enter your home. I agree that it is unfortunate, but that's the reality now days.
breederbuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2020, 05:20 PM   #142
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

How many of these guys have actually sat either on the stand for a murder or sat in a jury box on one?

I've testified on several and ut ain't nothing like TV

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2020, 06:02 PM   #143
manwitaplan
Pope & Young

Default Legal Question about Theft

Quote:
Originally Posted by breederbuck33 View Post
Some terrible advice on this thread. It is a terrible idea to shoot at, or even towards someone if you are not in fear for your life. You're going to spend a fortune on legal fees no matter where the bullet lands. It you KILL someone over a set of rims then you just ruined your life over a set of rims. It is very easy for internet tough guys to sit behind their keyboards and say they'd come out guns a blazin! The smart thing to do would be to call the police, get as many details as possible about the thief, and be prepared to protect yourself and your family if they decide to enter your home. I agree that it is unfortunate, but that's the reality now days.

Do you keep the porch light off? Do you hide so they canít see you? When they are leaving do you wave or offer a beverage? Just checking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
manwitaplan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-01-2020, 06:24 PM   #144
M16
Pope & Young

Quote:
The ones stealing the beer didnít get shot. He missed them and killed the woman in the car.
True. But she was part of the gang. Therefore still an idiot.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:26 PM   #145
M16
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by breederbuck33 View Post
It is very easy for internet tough guys to sit behind their keyboards and say they'd come out guns a blazin! The smart thing to do would be to call the police, get as many details as possible about the thief
I'll call the police with a good description. It will be the grand torino with 15 bullet holes in the rear quarter panel.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:12 PM   #146
double bogey
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabineHunter View Post
Dang! For those scared to defend what is theirs because of civil suits, buy the insurance I mentioned in an earlier post above and put on your big boy pants.
Good thing the lightweights here weren't at the Alamo. Lol
I have read some of the coverage that is sold for chl holders to protect them if they have to use lethal force. If i isnt justifiable, you are on your own. They are not going to help you if it turns into a bad shoot. So dont put all your eggs in that basket.

We always state that you should have your stuff insured, and we should. The suck part is that we even have to. What really hurts are these working guys driving their work trucks home with all their tools in them. Plumbers, a/c guys, electricians, etc. Come out in the morning and the tools and/or the truck is gone. Now, that poor working guy has to find the money to replace those tools before he can go back out and earn money to feed and house his children. And the thief is remembering that address so he can come back next year and steal them again.
I have been this guy with the empty truck, and i have zero sympathy for a thief. All of them should be shot, and i am not sure what will happen if i get put into that position.
No consequences are what have allowed these no good waste of a human life SOB's to exist in our world.
My opinion is we should have open season on them until there are no more. And as far as taking a human life, these turds dont qualify as humans, so i will not lose a moments sleep if they die. Good luck and aim straight, dont shoot your neighbors, unless they are the thieves.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:31 PM   #147
hpdrifter
Ten Point

You could always press the situation and either make the run away or attack you if you are the macho type.

And, don't count on a description helping a whole lot. It didn't in my case.