No announcement yet.

Gun Safes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember when you get a 40 gun safe that's really 40 b-b guns without scopes.

Comment

I did a ton of research a couple years ago when I built my house and determined unless you're spending 8-10K its all relative and you're really just buying extra time and/or fire protection.
      As in the more you spend you longer it takes for a competent burglar to get into it.
      It's not a matter of if it can keep them out or not but how long it can keep them out for because they're getting into it if they want to bad enough.
      I have a Rhino Metals USA line safe I'm happy with.
      Get a good quality unit, place it in an area that makes it harder to crack and have it bolted to the slab.

Comment

Derrik
        You live in Magnolia, Take the drive down to "Safes R Us" on I-10 just west of the Beltway 8 East loop. This is a Family owned business and services all brands and is factory authorized to service many of the Major brands. Even if you don't buy there, you will leave with a better education. (Yes this is where I spent my money.)

ltljohn

Comment

My safe is made by the National Security Safe Co.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
            I'm in the market for a gun safe and with Black Friday coming up, figured it might be a good time to pick one up. Any recommendations on places to shop or models to look at? Looking for at least a 40 gun model.
            After a little research, I scored a great deal on the Fatboy Jr XL.... here's a link to the Cyber Monday sale

Liberty Safe is always offering new deals for the customers like a home and gun safe deals online, so check back frequently to take a look at our latest sales and gun safes discount pricing can be a really good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by redhoghunter View Post
              After a little research, I scored a great deal on the Fatboy Jr XL.... here's a link to the Cyber Monday sale

https://www.libertysafe.com/cyber-mo...04-p-3507.html
              Those are great units! you won't be disappointed!

Comment

Well, I ended up buying the academy 64 gun Cannon deal since I really don't need ultimate protection and it's a huge upgrade from the closet everything is in now. Problem now is they are going to drop the safe by my front door this week. There was not a setup option when I checked out. I will have to get it from the front door, up a 4" threshold and about 10' max to my office - all tile and wood. Can this be done with an appliance dolly or furniture dolly with 2-3 guys?

Comment

Well, I ended up buying the academy 64 gun Cannon deal since I really don't need ultimate protection and it's a huge upgrade from the closet everything is in now. Problem now is they are going to drop the safe by my front door this week. There was not a setup option when I checked out. I will have to get it from the front door, up a 4" threshold and about 10' max to my office - all tile and wood. Can this be done with an appliance dolly or furniture dolly with 2-3 guys?
                  Depends on the weight. Handling 600 lbs is tough, but do-able. Over that weight would be challenging. Once you get it inside, you could set carpet squares or something else that slides under the corners of the safe and push it to were you want it placed. Use door frame shims (wood) to level the safe so the door does not swing open on it's own, especially if you are not bolting it down in place.

Todd

Comment

You could just dolly or pallet jack it into your garage and schedule some pros to come move it from there to your desired location and install it (bolt it to the slab, level, etc). If they break or damage anything they pay for the repairs. Because if you damage anything doing it yourself it's liable to cost as much as the install.

EDIT: Bolt it to the slab in an enclosure/closet/corner... it makes it much harder form potential thieves to crack
                    Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 12-04-2019, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Just for thought. You get what you pay for when it comes to safes.

Comment

I used about 4 pieces of 3 inch PVC pipe and rolled it it was very easy the more Pipe the less pressure on the tile

Comment

I bought the same one on Black Friday. I went and picked it up with my 4 wheeler trailer. 3 of the guys that work at the Pearland Academy loaded it up with a standard solid rubber tire dolly. My FNL had an appliance dolly that I borrowed. When I got home I was relieved to see my neighbor outside hanging Christmas lights. We got it off of the trailer and in the house with out issue. If I were you I would pull all of the shelves, dividers, and the floor out. Then move it. The hardest thing was tipping it over on the dolly.

Comment

Originally posted by K_Wittenburg View Post
                            https://youtu.be/l-9vWa-C44I

I bet that poor SOB is def after that video!

Comment

Originally posted by K_Wittenburg View Post
                              https://youtu.be/l-9vWa-C44I

That guy is just peddling some cabinet he's selling.
                              You can cut the side off a safe with a grinder and cutoff wheel, but you'll notice that video isn't in real time because it takes time, is super loud, and he's full of **** that it wasn't making any smoke lol.
                              Safes should be used as a part of a larger system. If you have camera and/or alarm system you think he'd be able to cut the side off before the local PD showed up?
                              Hell, I'm sure my neighbors wouldn't think anything of a random vehicle being parked at my house for a while someone is inside grinding away while i'm out of town.

Get a safe, bolt it down, get some monitoring, get to know your neighbors and let them know if you're going out of town.
                              Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 12-05-2019, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X