No announcement yet.

Nilgai Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That hunting web site Middleton guy has one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nilgai.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	24225202

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      Umm-hmm!!!! I will help you clean yours if you take me along!

Bisch
      After the goat incident, I'm not sure you could carry enough arrows to kill one

Comment

Originally posted by deer99hunter View Post
        after the goat incident, i'm not sure you could carry enough arrows to kill one :d
        lmfao

Comment

shot this one in Raymonville at the Uturia Ranch (sp). great hunt. spot and stalk type of hunt. 300 ultra mag one shot square in the chest ran about 20 yards and he was done. one of the greatest hunts i have ever been on.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by txbigchief View Post
            shot this one in raymonville at the Yturria ranch (sp). Great hunt. Spot and stalk type of hunt. 300 ultra mag one shot square in the chest ran about 20 yards and he was done. One of the greatest hunts i have ever been on.
            fify

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375201570.852395.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	24225213
              KR this past May.

Comment

Originally posted by STXBowhunter View Post
                [ATTACH]524701[/ATTACH]
                KR this past May.
                Awesome trophy. Story? Hunting method ? Nilgai with bow is in my top 3 bucket list hunts

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                  That hunting web site Middleton guy has one.

[ATTACH]524675[/ATTACH]
                  From La Parra on Kenedy Ranch in 2003.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Now you got me starting to look for a hunt.

Comment

I have a buddy that went on a Nilgai hunt on the King Ranch. I have heard him tell this true story several times about one of the hunts. I will tell it as best as I remember:

One of the guys he was with, let's call him John, shot a Nilgai. John was a gullible type of guy, so they decided to play a joke on John. After they recovered the Nilgai, they told John that it was the tradition of the King Ranch to honor the spirit of the Nilgai to carry around the "rocky mountain oysters" of the Nilgai around all day. After the guides and everyone else told John that was the tradition, he proceeded to cut off the "oysters" and put them in the pocket.

Later that day, after a full day of hunting, they all get back to camp, where some other hunters are sitting around. John proceeds to pull out the Nilgai "oysters", holds them up for everyone to see, and pronounces loudly that he has honored the King Ranch and the spirit of the Nilgai by carrying around the "oysters" all day.

Let's just say after everyone started laughing at John, he figured that he got played.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        From La Parra on Kenedy Ranch in 2003.

http://www.texasbowhunter.com/nilgai03.shtml
                        One of my favorite TBH stories of all time. Mike Mireles was by far the most instinctive and accomplished hunter I'v ever been around. He also knew that ranch like the back of his hand. Not to mention, he could field dress a nilgai in under 5 minutes. And thats saying something

Comment

I got a chance to go to a buddy's ranch a couple years ago and got this bull. They sure are some tough animals. We probably saw 50 the first day and didn't see one standing still.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375206278.896346.jpg
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	24225230

Comment

Originally posted by tsaw15 View Post
                            Awesome trophy. Story? Hunting method ? Nilgai with bow is in my top 3 bucket list hunts
                            On the KR bowhunts, you hunt crawls (nilgai crawl under the fences) in the morning, sitting in a ladder stand in one of the oat mots. This particular morning, I was sitting on a crawl that was about 25 yards away. I had seen several cows and one bull cruising but never presented a shot opportunity. I had almost given up hope, but at 1015 there he stood on the other side of the fence. He eventually crossed to my side of the fence and turned to walk down the fence line. I grunted, he stopped and presented me with a hard quartering, 25 yard shot. The arrow entered behind the last rib and exited in front of the off shoulder. He ran 60 yards and piled up in sight of my view.

Comment

Shot both of these on the La Parra Division of the Kenedy Ranch. OP was with me when I shot the one on the left. Great hunt. Sorry for the sideways picture.
                              Last edited by Bkag09; 07-30-2013, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Shooting a big blue with the bow is on my bucket list. This guy fell victim to a 300 RUM last year. Still enjoying the fruits of this hunt!!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375218556.252311.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	24225268

Comment

Working...
                                X