No announcement yet.

Who bow hunts out of a box blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have bow hunted for years from a ground (box) blind. However, early bow season, and sometimes even into November they are tough to sit in because of the heat. I tried a redneck ac in mine several years ago and still almost melted. I try to have an alternate pop up, ladder, or tripod available for the really warm days, or just don't hunt. With that being said when it is super cold and windy, they are sure nice.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
      Atfulldraw

What do the fronts of these look like

Brady stands -Texas wildlife supply

There are 3 of these.

Great stands with angled fronts and bow windows - 4 and 6’ towers.

Inside and outside....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunt 90-95% from the ground - box blind, pop-up, cattle panel blinds.

Comment

I bowhunt almost exclusively from box blinds now. Especially with my son, I won’t hunt any other way. We build ours to easily fit two hunters, and they are very comfortable.

Comment

How are y’all making sure that you get consistent shots in bow range with these permanent blinds?

Comment

Sometimes in the early season I wish there was a tree big enough hunt out of on our place but there isn’t. Then that West Texas cold arrives and I am glad I have a box blind to hunt out of.

Comment

Still prefer hunting from a tree stand because the view is usually just so much better but I have to admit that these days I do most of my hunting from a ground blind. There are some times that being warm, dry and on the ground are better. Plus, I'm finding that the older I get the harder it is for me to stay still for too long.

Comment

I hunt mostly out of pop ups and a redneck soft side blind. I put some plywood on top of a hay ring and mount them on top, gets me about 5ft off the ground. Being on the ground eye level with them was pretty tough, being elevated a little helped a lot.

Comment

Who bow hunts out of a box blind?

We just purchased 3 Boss Game System Blinds. We have one of them set out and my wife and step daughter have been killing out of it already. I think we are going to like them.

Last edited by Stolle; 01-23-2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

I prefer hunting in the open, but I have a 6x7 box blind setup for when the temps get too low or it starts raining. It’s hard to beat the comfort of a box blind. It also helps that other folks can sit with me and make the hunts go by a little faster when deer movement is at a minimum. Not to mention the fact I have a spot to put my coffee in the box blind on those cold mornings!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                        We just purchased 3 Boss Game System Blinds. We have one of them set out and my wife and step daughter have been killing out of it already. I think we are going to like them.

Those look nice!

Haven’t seen them in person, but they are on my list

Where did you buy them? Can’t find them online
                        Last edited by Atfulldraw; 01-23-2019, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                          Inside and outside....

Thanks do you recall the price?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                            Thanks do you recall the price?
                            Not exactly, but they were over 3k for the blind and tower.

The only reason I don’t have ten of them is the long wait to get one....

We bought one off the lot, then waited months and months to get the other two.

They were kind of a pain in the *** to deal with honestly.

They kept pushing back the delivery date, then wanted to deliver on the opening day of archery season.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                              Those look nice!

Haven’t seen them in person, but they are on my list

Where did you buy them? Can’t find them online
                              I bought them from them in Bryan where they are made. I met with Austin and we discussed the design and few weeks later they were ready. Great buying experience.

Comment

I hunting mainly out of box blinds, but still have a tree stand and a tripod at my sets. It’s hard to beat the comfort of a good blind.

Comment

Working...
                                X