No announcement yet.

Are their Javi's Near LLano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never seen one there, but if I do....

bang, bang, then cuss about the limit.

Comment

I saw a group of 8 in Coleman Co a few years ago

Comment

My family has a big place near Doss. Never seen one.

Comment

A an old friend of mine had them on his property in Llano. They would come to the feeder behind his house probably a group of 10-12. They aren't near as abundant as they are in south Texas.

Comment

A friend of ours had one living on his place for several months. Season was closed. As soon as it opened he killed it. This was outside of llano about 15 miles off 2323. I've never seen one.

Comment

I've seen them at Abilene a couple of times. Also seen them at Caprock Canyons State Park in the Panhandle. If they can be that far north, they could easily be at Llano.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                I've seen them at Abilene a couple of times. Also seen them at Caprock Canyons State Park in the Panhandle. If they can be that far north, they could easily be at Llano.
                I can't remember where I was reading it, but there was an article about the javis you're talking about and that population was somehow sort of created in a bubble - not just a spread of the animals from South Texas.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read something about that pretty recently.

Comment

I've hunted in Mason county for a few years. I've yet to see one there. Not saying they aren't in the area but they just are not on our lease. We're south of Mason (the city).
                  Last edited by BradBryant1000; 01-23-2019, 10:07 AM.

Comment

I heard there were monkeys in West University.

Comment

Working...
                    X