G3 Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G3 Boats

In the market for a boat, I am heavy into bow fishing and I am looking at the G3 Gator Tough BowFish 20 boat. Who has experience with G3, what did you like about their boats? What complaints if any do you have?

Had a 18ft 6 G3 bass boat. 115 yamaha on back. Very fast. We'll built boats. Very tough. Good warranty on the hull. No complaints at all.only sold it because of other financial responsibilities. Would buy another one in a heartbeat. Post up some pics if u get one

Comment

Don't own one but they are very nice boats. Look well built.

That model max hp is a 115, so it won't be a rocket ship, but with a light and fan set up you probably won't be flying across the lake anyway,

Comment

You don't need no dang boat Scott, just borrow Shawn's, I'm sure he won't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
          You don't need no dang boat Scott, just borrow Shawn's, I'm sure he won't mind.
          Negative ghost rider, I’m gone have my own ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
            Don't own one but they are very nice boats. Look well built.

That model max hp is a 115, so it won't be a rocket ship, but with a light and fan set up you probably won't be flying across the lake anyway,
            I don’t plan on being a speed demon, I like to creep and slang them arrows to much

Comment

I have a 2016 tracker sportsman with a 150hp merc. Best boat I have owned. Changed all the lights and wiring and trolling motor. Have it listed on here to sell. Save some cash and buy mine. Comes with powermax inverters and 400 watt custom hps lights. I can run 45 with deck and over 50 without.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                I have a 2016 tracker sportsman with a 150hp merc. Best boat I have owned. Changed all the lights and wiring and trolling motor. Have it listed on here to sell. Save some cash and buy mine. Comes with powermax inverters and 400 watt custom hps lights. I can run 45 with deck and over 50 without.
                I’m going to look up the post and check it out for sure

Comment

Much better well built than Tracker, my first boat was G3 17.5' 2004 model. Guy I sold it too over 10 years ago still owns it and still going strong. Only complaint I had is the carpet sucked but it had been left uncovered outside for 2 years, plus carpet is no an issue you will have to worry about with a bowfishing model.
                  Last edited by bossbowman; 01-23-2019, 12:11 AM.

Comment

I would definitely agree that a G3 is a way better built boat than 95% of the Trackers ever made. Express, War Eagle would make other really good options

Comment

. Looking at G3 boats

Comment

I know you asked about G3's, but when has that ever stopped any of us from throwing out other options

I was at the Houston Boat Show weekend before last and saw the new Excel 230 Bay...I had zero intentions of looking at aluminum boats, but that one has been in my head ever since I saw it. It's an absolute BEAST of a boat. Built using .150 gauge versus the .125 that most of the other better built aluminum bay boats are made from, and it is massive. The downside would be that I bet they're gonna ask top dollar for it. I wasn't pulling the trigger, so I didn't ask what Gene's Powersports was pricing them at

I would also look at SeaArk and WarEagle boats as well...very well made aluminum boats that take a beating and rarely ever fail

Comment

Thanks guys, I am looking at all options now. The 11 year old just told me he wants to be on the fishing team next fall so I am of course using that as an excuse to buy a boat with the boss. Its funny when it comes from the kids how easy things get approved by the boss lady! I LOVE THAT KID

Comment

Originally posted by the dirty one View Post
                            Thanks guys, I am looking at all options now. The 11 year old just told me he wants to be on the fishing team next fall so I am of course using that as an excuse to buy a boat with the boss. Its funny when it comes from the kids how easy things get approved by the boss lady! I LOVE THAT KID
                            Also- There are custom builders that will build you an aluminum rig exactly how you want it for less than G3, Xpress, etc. If you are buying new.

Comment

Originally posted by the dirty one View Post
                              If your just looking to test the waters a used tin boat would be fine (don't buy new, way higher), but if you think the high school fishing thing will be a long term deal I would just bite the bullet and find a nice used 18-19 foot fiberglass bass boat, that's eventually what you'll move up to anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X