Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2019, 08:39 PM   #301
greenmonstah
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoug1076 View Post
Iíd love to help get rid of some. Both you and greenmonstah let me know anytime you head out there and donít mind company. I have a portable hang-on stand with climbing sticks so I can setup nearby and we can tear them up. I check the forum regularly or my number is 979-595-4304, Dustin.
I will keep you posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk
greenmonstah is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2019, 08:39 PM   #302
GD47
Four Point
 
GD47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggwild View Post
Plan a weekend everyone camps out at Nails. Camp fire, food, camaraderie, and swine killing.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's bad enough I have to help you deer season now you want my pigs too?!?!?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
GD47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2019, 08:40 PM   #303
Hoggwild
Eight Point
 
Hoggwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Brazos, Lee Co
Default

I have my own set of pigs. All 300 i see every hunt. I want that white spotted boar hog.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoggwild is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2019, 08:42 PM   #304
Hoggwild
Eight Point
 
Hoggwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Brazos, Lee Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD47 View Post
It's bad enough I have to help you deer season now you want my pigs too?!?!?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Do you even know who youre talking to? Im the KING of Somerville PHL. My deer will never be beaten....ever.
Sorry; not sorry


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoggwild is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2019, 08:42 PM   #305
greenmonstah
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Default

I thought I saw a cow one evening but the closer it got I realized it was a big boar! Got within 30 yards but busted me as I was drawing on him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk
greenmonstah is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2019, 08:42 PM   #306
GD47
Four Point
 
GD47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggwild View Post
I have my own set of pigs. All 300 i see every hunt. I want that white spotted boar hog.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He gone lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
GD47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2019, 08:44 PM   #307
GD47
Four Point
 
GD47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmonstah View Post
I thought I saw a cow one evening but the closer it got I realized it was a big boar! Got within 30 yards but busted me as I was drawing on him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk
Never scaled him.but took 3 guys to load him

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
GD47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2019, 08:46 PM   #308
Hoggwild
Eight Point
 
Hoggwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Brazos, Lee Co
Default

I was borderline hypothermia 2 days before you shot him when i fell in the creek trying to get to him... that SUCKED


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoggwild is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2019, 08:47 PM   #309
GD47
Four Point
 
GD47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggwild View Post
Do you even know who youre talking to? Im the KING of Somerville PHL. My deer will never be beaten....ever.
Sorry; not sorry


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol I had it I had it but wrong stand watched him walk straight to other stand I give it 1 yr and it will.be beat

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
GD47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2019, 08:49 PM   #310
GD47
Four Point
 
GD47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggwild View Post
I was borderline hypothermia 2 days before you shot him when i fell in the creek trying to get to him... that SUCKED


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahahahahahhahahahaha and busted us the day before I sealed the deal on him!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
GD47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2019, 08:51 PM   #311
Hoggwild
Eight Point
 
Hoggwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Brazos, Lee Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD47 View Post
Lol I had it I had it but wrong stand watched him walk straight to other stand I give it 1 yr and it will.be beat

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


There hasnt been even a high 120 or low 130Ē deer killed since mine. Is what it is..
Im sorta a big deal out there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoggwild is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2019, 09:01 PM   #312
mdoug1076
Four Point
 
mdoug1076's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Somerville PHL, Sam Houston National Forest WMA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggwild View Post
There hasnt been even a high 120 or low 130Ē deer killed since mine. Is what it is..
Im sorta a big deal out there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That buck is pretty dang awesome though! Very few taken off public land in Texas like that for sure. Next year it my turn though lol!
mdoug1076 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2019, 09:04 PM   #313
97JeepGuy
Eight Point
 
97JeepGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Livingston, Tx
Default

Anybody gonna be out tomorrow morning? I will be out trying to get my limit of ducks.
97JeepGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2019, 09:05 PM   #314
GD47
Four Point
 
GD47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
Anybody gonna be out tomorrow morning? I will be out trying to get my limit of ducks.
We went I to creek off main lake with every land flooded seen maybe 6 ducks from main lake to newman's bottom they ain't here

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
GD47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2019, 11:48 PM   #315
Hoggwild
Eight Point
 
Hoggwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Brazos, Lee Co
Default Somerville PHL 18-19

Snagged some great shots of the eclipse tonight. Enjoy!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoggwild is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2019, 02:10 AM   #316
verter
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Leander
Hunt In: Somerville PHL
Default

Did a search on white bass, not related to what came up, apparently it's not very safe to eat in some parts of the country. Do you guys know if ours are too full of mercury, arsenic and selenium?

I was looking forward to catching them, but now kinda nervous about eating them.

Btw, sat in the afternoon on the last day and saw a nice 6 pointer, not big enough to shoot though. If he is still alive next season, he will be tagged
verter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2019, 08:08 AM   #317
RockTippedStick
Eight Point
 
RockTippedStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Liberty, Tyler, Polk and Clay counties
Default

Thanks for posting the pics of the eclipse. The kids wanted to see it but were in bed before 9. I showed them this morning and my three year old said she didn't hear any wolf last night.
RockTippedStick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2019, 08:15 AM   #318
Hoggwild
Eight Point
 
Hoggwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Brazos, Lee Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by verter View Post
Did a search on white bass, not related to what came up, apparently it's not very safe to eat in some parts of the country. Do you guys know if ours are too full of mercury, arsenic and selenium?

I was looking forward to catching them, but now kinda nervous about eating them.

Btw, sat in the afternoon on the last day and saw a nice 6 pointer, not big enough to shoot though. If he is still alive next season, he will be tagged


You donít want to eat the whitebass from our area. Bring them all to me for proper disposal.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoggwild is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2019, 08:22 AM   #319
Bullwinkle
Spike
 
Bullwinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Brenham
Hunt In: Texas Oklahoma Kansas New Mexico
Default


There is tiny little babies in this pick also.
Bullwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2019, 08:23 AM   #320
Bullwinkle
Spike
 
Bullwinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Brenham
Hunt In: Texas Oklahoma Kansas New Mexico
Default


Thatís my 12Ē rubber boot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bullwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2019, 08:33 AM   #321
Bullwinkle
Spike
 
Bullwinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Brenham
Hunt In: Texas Oklahoma Kansas New Mexico
Default

Yesterday evening was a nice hunt. Finally got to go to my spot, was super pumped because of that tracks and size of one in particular. Had deer come by at 13yds but no shooters. And crazy enough, didnít even hear a hog. Then walked out last night with my stand on my back under a huge bright moon. Deer season is over and life can commence.
Elk season canít get here soon enough.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bullwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com