My Video Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Video Journey

[QUOTE=duckman49;13936091]So far I have ran into trouble with the tripod, I am not self filming. I have been filming my niece trying to get her first bow kill. I have a GoPro for a reverse angle and my DSLR for the main camera but trying to get video from one window to the other has been a challenge..... IF you are not self filming have yall ever free handed Or any other tips or tricks? Thanks in advance![/]
    Whether self filming or filming for somebody else, limiting to a single shooting lane is much less challenging than attempting to move between windows!

That said, it if you are filming for somebody else I might recommend a monopod. (Some tripods convert to a monopod.) that will make it easier to maneuver. I don’t know what kind of internal stabilization the SL2 has, but hand held may be tricky, especially with a zoom lens.

A lot will come down to trial and error to see what works with your setup! Good luck to your niece!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

My traveling case!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

My daughter just did her first interview today and did great, now need a post kill interview after she smokes a Javi!

Comment

1st pick!!! Got number 3

Comment

Assuming you have a wide angle lens as well? I pack a 70-300mm in the spotting scope pocket in my backpack, I find myself using my 18-55 f3.5 probably 90% of the time though. Also use GoPros here and there, want to start using them more this year but the 18-55 on my Canon is the go to.

Comment

Originally posted by Backcountry View Post
              Assuming you have a wide angle lens as well? I pack a 70-300mm in the spotting scope pocket in my backpack, I find myself using my 18-55 f3.5 probably 90% of the time though. Also use GoPros here and there, want to start using them more this year but the 18-55 on my Canon is the go to.

I have a 18-55, its cheap and gets the job done but I think I am going to upgrade it soon.

Comment

Try the Benro S7 tripod head. Buttery smooth and not expensive! That will help a lot. I have it and a set of cheaper manfrotto tripod legs and they work great

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by antiparadigm View Post
                  Try the Benro S7 tripod head. Buttery smooth and not expensive! That will help a lot. I have it and a set of cheaper manfrotto tripod legs and they work great

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
                  Thanks will look it up today!

Comment

Working...
                  X