No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters 2018 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out this past weekend to the lease, 1500 pounds of corn put in feeders and 300 gallons of water put out. The deer are hitting the cotton seed hard and I already have bucks on camera showing decent growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2.1" of rain last week. We needed it.......badly. Hopefully it keeps raining long enough to get grass growing and not burn up!

Comment

I’m looking g forward to the 5th annual Ashley Memorial Hunt in Dimmit co. this year. Always a great time in the brush.

Comment

Bump... anyone got updates on their place after this rain? Mine went from a desert to Green everywhere. Deer have pretty much stopped hitting the cotton seed.

Comment

Same here. The deer are barely touching the cotton seed and Protien consumption has gone way done. I’m guessing with the heat wave we are about to go through, they will be back on feed before long.

Comment

Wow. Forecast for Encinal.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                Wow. Forecast for Encinal.
                Go down to the Encinal area every week, it’s hot but y’all have gotten some good rains here recently.

Catarina is dry, got some good rains but it’s not enough, I’m sure it’ll pour right before the dove opener

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                  Go down to the Encinal area every week, it’s hot but y’all have gotten some good rains here recently.

Catarina is dry, got some good rains but it’s not enough, I’m sure it’ll pour right before the dove opener
                  You know we're all gonna get 10 inches in September .

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Spent a couple days at the lease earlier this week. Tried to get some good people on some javis and hogs. Couldn't get it done. Boy was it hot though. We are in desperate need of rain. Tanks are drying up quickly. Did see what looks to be a couple up and comers. Some does have dropped fawns but still plenty that haven't but are fixing to blow any day now.

Still praying for rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      You know we're all gonna get 10 inches in September .

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                      Every stinking year ha

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                        Bump... anyone got updates on their place after this rain? Mine went from a desert to Green everywhere. Deer have pretty much stopped hitting the cotton seed.

I just got back today and the place was greenish but starting to dry up from lack of rain. The ponds were still full but we need more rain soon. It’s amazing what a good 6 inches of rain will do for a place.

Comment

Anyone have any trail cam pics?

All my camera memory cards were full so I had not pictures later than late May. I did see one nice buck as I was filling feeders but other than that it was a million degrees out.

Comment

South Texas Hunters 2018 Thread

Anyone have any luck with repainting fiberglass deer blinds with a paint that holds up longer than 2 years?

I have an all seasons that hasn’t faded on bit but it looks like it may have some kind of bedliner sprayed on it. My other fiberglass blinds are more like the Dillon blinds and tend to fade.
                            Last edited by Black Ice; 08-09-2018, 07:30 AM.

Comment

I actually bought some green paint from Wally World, I cant remember the brand but I got the high gloss and it has held up surprisingly well. It has been on 3 years and it still looks good.

Comment

Y’all been getting any rain down south?

Comment

Working...
                                X