Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2018, 05:12 PM   #101
Ruttin&Struttin
Eight Point
 
Ruttin&Struttin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: North Texas, South East Texas, Hill Country
Default

Congratulations on your success! Keep it up! IF is a great way to take off and maintain. With practice you can actually lose weight and build some muscle at the same time.
I was once about 40% heavier on the scale than I am now but about half the man I am today. So I know what you did took commitment. I am very impressed.
Ruttin&Struttin is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 05:58 PM   #102
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
Thanks Rich. Yeah I was in ketosis when I started fasting and have been getting dark strips since yesterday morning.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How long do you normally sleep?
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 06:15 PM   #103
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: CO and NM if I'm lucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1rich1 View Post
How long do you normally sleep?
5 or 6 hours
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 06:43 PM   #104
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
Congratulations on your success! Keep it up! IF is a great way to take off and maintain. With practice you can actually lose weight and build some muscle at the same time.
I was once about 40% heavier on the scale than I am now but about half the man I am today. So I know what you did took commitment. I am very impressed.
Thanks brother! I plan to do OMAD and IF for maintenance combined with 1 48 hour fast per week depending on my workouts.
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 11:42 PM   #105
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
5 or 6 hours
Ok keep me in the loop on your sleeping.
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2018, 07:39 PM   #106
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sling shot View Post
Yeah I think he would get his message across better curving the language and like you I do not agree with him spiritually. I have some friends that followed his Snake Juice recipe. One started after bad doctors visits and test results. Three months into it Dr. was impressed with results and test are all normal now. So yes fasting is healthy if done right.


Yeah I feel like eventually he will kill someone. We will see.
Thatís great news on the blood tests. Fasting is amazing for all aspects of health if done correctly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2018, 09:54 PM   #107
mdnabors
Ten Point
 
mdnabors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Frisco
Hunt In: Weatherford & Kansas
Default

Congrats bud...2nd place was good by me with how hardcore you were going! I didn’t go too hard the entire time and lost 42# from 223# to 181#. Fasting and Keto-ish diet worked well. I’m about to get in the gym and tighten up now. Keep up the good work!
mdnabors is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 09:34 AM   #108
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnabors View Post
Congrats bud...2nd place was good by me with how hardcore you were going! I didnít go too hard the entire time and lost 42# from 223# to 181#. Fasting and Keto-ish diet worked well. Iím about to get in the gym and tighten up now. Keep up the good work!
Thanks MD! You are very inspiring to me. My journey right now is close to what you just did. Wish I was already there like you Lets keep up with each other on our goals.
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 09:37 AM   #109
Jtrisler
Six Point
 
Jtrisler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Central Louisiana
Default

PM sent Rich!
Jtrisler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 10:47 AM   #110
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrisler View Post
PM sent Rich!
PM replied
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 11:05 AM   #111
Pedernal
Pope & Young
 
Pedernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Del Rio
Hunt In: Amistad
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnabors View Post
Congrats bud...2nd place was good by me with how hardcore you were going! I didn’t go too hard the entire time and lost 42# from 223# to 181#. Fasting and Keto-ish diet worked well. I’m about to get in the gym and tighten up now. Keep up the good work!
Awesome results bud, congrats!!

To the OP: Tried your ER water and liking it!! (YouTube video). Have not had an all out "hike" at work but I am sure I will see/notice the difference as compared to drinking just water. Thank you Sir.

Last edited by Pedernal; 07-16-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Pedernal is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 11:09 AM   #112
DEG
Eight Point
 
DEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: West Columbia, TX
Hunt In: Berclair, Sonora
Default

Congrats!
DEG is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 03:36 PM   #113
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
Awesome results bud, congrats!!

To the OP: Tried your ER water and liking it!! (YouTube video). Have not had an all out "hike" at work but I am sure I will see/notice the difference as compared to drinking just water. Thank you Sir.
Yes it's amazing! Your body starts to crave it very quickly. Regular water has so little minerals in it that very few people have good electrolyte levels.
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 03:40 PM   #114
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: CO and NM if I'm lucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1rich1 View Post
Ok keep me in the loop on your sleeping.
51 hours in to my 2nd fast Rich. Slept well last night and I'm not even hungry. Hoping to get to the gym later
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 03:54 PM   #115
bloodstick
Ten Point
 
bloodstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Hunt In: All over Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1rich1 View Post
You can do it brother! I'm working with a guy right now that's going to lose over 50 lbs this month! Add yourself to the fbook group and get going!!
I cannot see the FB on my work computer. What is the name of the page so i can search it in my phone?
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 04:17 PM   #116
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
51 hours in to my 2nd fast Rich. Slept well last night and I'm not even hungry. Hoping to get to the gym later
Great Job Tex! Keep us updated on your results! The key to cutting weight is in the refeed than going straight into another fast. With planning you can make it fit any schedule. You can do it!!
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2018, 04:24 PM   #117
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstick View Post
I cannot see the FB on my work computer. What is the name of the page so i can search it in my phone?
Fasting for Weight Loss and Healing with Fasted Life

My graph is the main pic you see. Let me know if you have issues.
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 10:13 AM   #118
ColinR
Pope & Young
 
ColinR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Spring Branch, TX-in the Hill Country not Houston
Hunt In: Roosevelt/Sonora
Default

Congrats that is an amazing accomplishment. Unfortunately there is no way I could go days without eating. Heck I got hungry just thinking about not eating.
ColinR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 11:46 AM   #119
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: CO and NM if I'm lucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1rich1 View Post
Great Job Tex! Keep us updated on your results! The key to cutting weight is in the refeed than going straight into another fast. With planning you can make it fit any schedule. You can do it!!
Coming up on the 72 hour mark. Made the mistake of weighing this morning and only down 4lb since starting the first fast on Thursday. I don't know why I expected more because if i can lose 4lbs every 5 days I'll be to my goal in another month. Forgot my ER water and left the gym absolutely parched this morning. We have this african dust cloud over us making matters even worse. When I got to the office I found a vitamin water in the fridge. That little bit of sweetness from the stevia has caused me to feel hungry again I think. Still pushing on though.
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 01:51 PM   #120
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinR View Post
Congrats that is an amazing accomplishment. Unfortunately there is no way I could go days without eating. Heck I got hungry just thinking about not eating.
I thought the same thing. It was actually a lot easier for me to not eat than to eat only a little bit. You should try it.
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 04:23 PM   #121
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
Coming up on the 72 hour mark. Made the mistake of weighing this morning and only down 4lb since starting the first fast on Thursday. I don't know why I expected more because if i can lose 4lbs every 5 days I'll be to my goal in another month. Forgot my ER water and left the gym absolutely parched this morning. We have this african dust cloud over us making matters even worse. When I got to the office I found a vitamin water in the fridge. That little bit of sweetness from the stevia has caused me to feel hungry again I think. Still pushing on though.
I agree with anything sweet increasing cravings!!! Pretty much not worth it. Does the vitamin water have calories?
I can trouble shoot your weight loss I just need to know some things. I assume you weighed in this morning after 48 hrs so 2 lbs a day weight loss? That's really not too bad. I'm also assuming you are weighing in after not drinking all night so your weight is more accurate.
What all are you taking in your mouth? I want to know coffee gum anything.
What is your starting weight and goal weight? I assume your close if at this rate you will hit it next month.
Are you in Ketosis?
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 04:26 PM   #122
BuckRage
Ten Point
 
BuckRage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Default

hmm.. are you able to drink non calorie drinks and be ok?
BuckRage is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 04:53 PM   #123
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: CO and NM if I'm lucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1rich1 View Post
I agree with anything sweet increasing cravings!!! Pretty much not worth it. Does the vitamin water have calories?
I can trouble shoot your weight loss I just need to know some things. I assume you weighed in this morning after 48 hrs so 2 lbs a day weight loss? That's really not too bad. I'm also assuming you are weighing in after not drinking all night so your weight is more accurate.
What all are you taking in your mouth? I want to know coffee gum anything.
What is your starting weight and goal weight? I assume your close if at this rate you will hit it next month.
Are you in Ketosis?
I'm all good Rich. I started keto after vacation last July and I was in the 270 range. 218 this morning with a target of 199 for my Sept elk hunt. I was 222 last Thursday and started a 48 hour fast at noon. Made it the full 72 hours this time and just had some spinach, chicken and mozzarella cheese for lunch. Will probably fast again now until Thursday afternoon when I have to leave town. No cals in Vitamin water zero.

I'm thinking I may not go full in fasting life like you but you have taught me that I can easily extend my IF and get better results. Before I would fast for 18-24 hours and then eat keto again. I had hit 225 by early Jan and been pretty much stalled all of 2018.
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 08:44 PM   #124
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckRage View Post
hmm.. are you able to drink non calorie drinks and be ok?


Hey Buck. You should be ok and wonít die. Haha. I know what your asking and it shouldnít mess w your results too much but it will increase your cravings if sweet. I know for me my taste buds became so sensitive that I couldnít stand the diet drink that I was drinking multiple a day. I gave em up and havenít had one in 4 months.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 10:32 PM   #125
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
I'm all good Rich. I started keto after vacation last July and I was in the 270 range. 218 this morning with a target of 199 for my Sept elk hunt. I was 222 last Thursday and started a 48 hour fast at noon. Made it the full 72 hours this time and just had some spinach, chicken and mozzarella cheese for lunch. Will probably fast again now until Thursday afternoon when I have to leave town. No cals in Vitamin water zero.



I'm thinking I may not go full in fasting life like you but you have taught me that I can easily extend my IF and get better results. Before I would fast for 18-24 hours and then eat keto again. I had hit 225 by early Jan and been pretty much stalled all of 2018.


Good stuff Tex. You will hit your goal for your elk hunt and it will be worth it. Iím glad you are not stuck anymore!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 11:48 PM   #126
Greenheadless
Ten Point
 
Greenheadless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Hunt In: Liberty County
Default

Tagging for later. So many questions.

Congrats on your journey, it is truly inspirational.
Greenheadless is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-19-2018, 12:23 AM   #127
haas0311
Pope & Young
 
haas0311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: From La Vernia, live in Midland
Hunt In: Anywhere Possible.
Default

Could I get a PM? I would love to know the details. I am at a high risk right now and taking 3 blood pressure meds. I need all the help I can get...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
haas0311 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-19-2018, 08:37 AM   #128
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: CO and NM if I'm lucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1rich1 View Post
Good stuff Tex. You will hit your goal for your elk hunt and it will be worth it. Iím glad you are not stuck anymore!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wow Wow Wow and Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

7 days in and down 8lbs Maintained my normal workout regimen over that 7 days and had 2 meals. I did however wake up absolutely famished this morning so I made an omelette. Probably going to take a break and just do strict keto until Sat when I'm back home and then I'll resume the extended fasting. In a lifetime of dieting I can't remember ever seeing visible results in a single week. At 214 I'm on the verge of another pant size drop and I just bought a bunch of summer shorts and a couple new suits Nice problem to have I guess
For those that might think this was water weight, I've been on keto for a year. I fluctuate daily based on how diligent I am about hydration. This morning my wedding ring fit normally when I weighed so it's not just water.
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-19-2018, 10:32 AM   #129
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenheadless View Post
Tagging for later. So many questions.

Congrats on your journey, it is truly inspirational.
Thank you! I'm trying to get the word out on fasting.
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-19-2018, 03:55 PM   #130
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by haas0311 View Post
Could I get a PM? I would love to know the details. I am at a high risk right now and taking 3 blood pressure meds. I need all the help I can get...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PM sent
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-19-2018, 04:06 PM   #131
wdtorque
Eight Point
 
wdtorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default

Wow! Congrats. I need help too, just requested joining FB group. Dozier
wdtorque is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-19-2018, 04:14 PM   #132
BuckRage
Ten Point
 
BuckRage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Default

got in some keytone strips. on my 2nd fast into it 48 hours and at the highest level of ketosis now. I'm going to see if I can make it until tomorrow or Saturday. So a 3 day or 4 day fast. Only problem is my IWB is already falling low on my hip lol.
BuckRage is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-19-2018, 04:57 PM   #133
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
Wow Wow Wow and Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

7 days in and down 8lbs Maintained my normal workout regimen over that 7 days and had 2 meals. I did however wake up absolutely famished this morning so I made an omelette. Probably going to take a break and just do strict keto until Sat when I'm back home and then I'll resume the extended fasting. In a lifetime of dieting I can't remember ever seeing visible results in a single week. At 214 I'm on the verge of another pant size drop and I just bought a bunch of summer shorts and a couple new suits Nice problem to have I guess
For those that might think this was water weight, I've been on keto for a year. I fluctuate daily based on how diligent I am about hydration. This morning my wedding ring fit normally when I weighed so it's not just water.
That is great Tex!! I know what you mean by the shopping issue. I'm not buying anything until I'm down another 20 but nothing fits now!! The water weight comments are crazy! I would have been a huge water filled blow up pool for my 70 lbs to be water weight.
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-19-2018, 05:20 PM   #134
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdtorque View Post
Wow! Congrats. I need help too, just requested joining FB group. Dozier
Got you on there!!!
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-19-2018, 10:33 PM   #135
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckRage View Post
got in some keytone strips. on my 2nd fast into it 48 hours and at the highest level of ketosis now. I'm going to see if I can make it until tomorrow or Saturday. So a 3 day or 4 day fast. Only problem is my IWB is already falling low on my hip lol.
Good stuff brother!! You will have to buy a new wardrobe soon!!!
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2018, 09:04 AM   #136
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

I had to share this. There is a guy on the Fbook group who has been living a fasting lifestyle now for 12 days and he is down 31.4 LBS!!! He wants to lose 75 total and is almost half way there. He is beyond excited.
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2018, 09:40 AM   #137
MIHunter
Pope & Young
 
MIHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Austin
Default

On day 6, now w/ 2 small keto meals thrown in. Down 17#, but I’m getting backaches daily, and I can’t remember doing anything that would aggravate it. Gonna incorporate some cardio and light lifting this week.
MIHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2018, 02:40 PM   #138
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIHunter View Post
On day 6, now w/ 2 small keto meals thrown in. Down 17#, but Iím getting backaches daily, and I canít remember doing anything that would aggravate it. Gonna incorporate some cardio and light lifting this week.
PM Sent MI. Congrats on the weight loss! Just the beginning!
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 11:40 AM   #139
ctyp3
Ten Point
 
ctyp3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Slidell, TX
Hunt In: Young County
Default

I'm 52 hours into my first fast and going strong! I'm down 8lbs at my day 2 weigh in. It's been a lot easier than I expected. I have my meal ready for tonight but thinking I may extend this fast a little longer. I can't decide, I could easily do it physically and mentally but I also think a little reward my help me too. If ya'll haven't joined the facebook page do it!
ctyp3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 08:11 AM   #140
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctyp3 View Post
I'm 52 hours into my first fast and going strong! I'm down 8lbs at my day 2 weigh in. It's been a lot easier than I expected. I have my meal ready for tonight but thinking I may extend this fast a little longer. I can't decide, I could easily do it physically and mentally but I also think a little reward my help me too. If ya'll haven't joined the facebook page do it!
THis is great CTY!!! Its crazy how good you feel and how easy it is to extend fasts right away.
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 02:55 PM   #141
Tsavoie22
Four Point
 
Tsavoie22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Default

This is a real eye opener. I started fasting today hope to lose 50lbs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tsavoie22 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 03:13 PM   #142
awry
Eight Point
 
awry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Round Rock
Default

does your fasting exclude Keto drinks such as Ďbulletproof coffeeí?
awry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 03:19 PM   #143
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awry View Post
does your fasting exclude Keto drinks such as Ďbulletproof coffeeí?
I don't exclude coffee when fasting. But when fasting to cut weight the coffee with calories is a no as it would activate digestion and lessen autophagy. You can drink that though on your refeed window.
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 03:58 PM   #144
awry
Eight Point
 
awry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Round Rock
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1rich1 View Post
I don't exclude coffee when fasting. But when fasting to cut weight the coffee with calories is a no as it would activate digestion and lessen autophagy. You can drink that though on your refeed window.
So during a fast itís only the ER water?
awry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 08:49 PM   #145
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awry View Post
So during a fast itís only the ER water?
I drink 1 cup of coffee a day. Keep it to less than 3 cups to not affect your cortisol levels.The caffeine helps you get into Ketosis. It also is a mild appetite suppressant. Listen to your body and what itís telling you. No caffeine late in day because it will mess up your sleep. Chances are you wonít crave it as bad after a couple fasts.
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2018, 09:28 AM   #146
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIHunter View Post
On day 6, now w/ 2 small keto meals thrown in. Down 17#, but Iím getting backaches daily, and I canít remember doing anything that would aggravate it. Gonna incorporate some cardio and light lifting this week.
PM sent MI.
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2018, 07:36 AM   #147
rut-ro
Ten Point
 
rut-ro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Sugar Land
Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla
Default

going to try some of your techniques. I don't do the social media, so I will get info form your youtube
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #148
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rut-ro View Post
going to try some of your techniques. I don't do the social media, so I will get info form your youtube
Ok great Rut! Post on this thread if you have any questions. it notifies me.
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2018, 08:56 AM   #149
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: CO and NM if I'm lucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1rich1 View Post
Good stuff Tex. You will hit your goal for your elk hunt and it will be worth it. Iím glad you are not stuck anymore!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Down to 211 this morning after about 61 hours on my last fast. Went to the gym and completely gassed 30 minutes into my workout so I called it, came to the office and had a good breakfast. Granted, I had another terrible night's sleep but I'm suspecting fasting and lifting aren't going to mix well. I'm liking this though and will plan at least a 48 hour fast weekly along with my strict keto until I get down in the 180 range. My 200lb elk hunt goal is now more than realistic with 5 weeks to go!
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2018, 02:12 PM   #150
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
Down to 211 this morning after about 61 hours on my last fast. Went to the gym and completely gassed 30 minutes into my workout so I called it, came to the office and had a good breakfast. Granted, I had another terrible night's sleep but I'm suspecting fasting and lifting aren't going to mix well. I'm liking this though and will plan at least a 48 hour fast weekly along with my strict keto until I get down in the 180 range. My 200lb elk hunt goal is now more than realistic with 5 weeks to go!
Lifting and fasting go great together!!! Just listen to your body and don't overdo it. You won't have as much explosiveness but you will shred fat like crazy working out fasted. Lighter weights w higher reps works great.
Congrats on getting down to 211. Keep it up. Fast hard this week and you will be down to your 200 goal no problem. Might as well get to the 180 goal before the hunt. Can you imagine not having to carry a 30 LB weight up and down those mountains!!! You can do it!!!
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com