What broadhead do yall use and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What broadhead do yall use and why?

Im toying with hunting with traditional equipment. I want to start with broadhead choices. I have looked and there is an abundance of choices, but with so many choices there will be a lot of bad products.

100-125gr is what I have decided on. Probably 125gr.

Thanx for responses.

Simmons Sharks SB-20 Fixed heads for Compound and Trad. Lost a deer to poor penetration with a mech head last year...learned from that one.

Comment

Slick Trick Mags or Vipers. Shoot very well and always get the job done. Never a problem with penetration and i shoot an old DXT at 70lbs and 26" draw.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
        Simmons Sharks SB-20 Fixed heads for Compound and Trad. Lost a deer to poor penetration with a mech head last year...learned from that one.
        You shot a mechanical with traditional equipment?

Comment

Cutthroats are hard to beat and are in 125gr.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Kenner97;14411239]Slick Trick Mags or Vipers. Shoot very well and always get the job done. Never a problem with penetration

X2

Comment

I really like the Magnus Stinger 4-blades, and am about to give the Magnus Black Hornets a try. The Stingers have been my go to Trad option for years. They fly great, are easy to resharpen, very durable, and have a lifetime warranty. They're also made in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                You shot a mechanical with traditional equipment?
                It can be done successfully even if not highly recommended.
                The two benefits of mechanical heads are good arrow flight and a wide cut.
                That said if you do your job and tune you bow/arrowset up you will get good flight regardless.
                Next if you look around there are a few fixed cut on contact heads that are 1.5" and wider.
                I shot a few pigs with two blade mechanical heads. Enough that I intended to try them on deer. Then I found the Carbon Express piledriver. 150 grains and 1.5" cut. It's done well for me in the last year or so. The Simmoms swamp sharks I just got have a 1&5/8ths cut. YMMV but I would suggest trying several heads. One that you can keep scary sharp and you have confidence in is key.

Gary

Comment

Magnus Stinger or Buzzcut or Dirt Nap's. Red Devil's on Ebay.....look it up, they're worth buying and they're cheap and fly like a field point.

Comment

Good info. If you got more post it.

Comment

Zwickey Eskimo 2-Blade Screw-In Broadheads 3-pack
                      Item Number: 4219-1
                      34 ReviewsWrite a Review
                      Q&A13
                      Answered Questions
                      Ask a Question
                      $18.50
                      Made in the US
                      all the way, time tested.

Comment

I use stone heads that I knap myself. I really like Texas rock, Georgetown or Pedernales are my favorites.

Comment

Rage and Swacker knock off from China. 12-15 broad heads for $12. I’ve shot them the past 3 years and have never had one fail. The one on my arrow right now has been through 1 deer and 3 pigs and is still killing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm presently using 150 grain Pile Drivers. I only take one deer a year and don't hunt anything else requiring the use of a broadhead. My criteria for what I will use: economical and doesn't affect arrow flight in a negative manner. It is a shame to spend thirty five or forty dollars for three broadheads only to find that they steer your arrow where it is not supposed to go. I haven't used a Muzzy yet that works for me, either with a compound bow or a recurve.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                              Magnus Stinger or Buzzcut or Dirt Nap's. Red Devil's on Ebay.....look it up, they're worth buying and they're cheap and fly like a field point.
                              I've really liked the Stingers and Buzzcut's myself, they are sharp right out of the package and for me they fly like a field point as well.

Zwickey Eskimo's are pretty good but you have to sharpen them up.

Comment

Working...
                              X