No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would have been state record hybrid but didn't even think about it and released it.

Red river New Mexico

Bonita springs Florida

Headed to Alaska in 8 days!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by simsknives; 08-03-2016, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by simsknives View Post
      Would have been state record hybrid but didn't even think about it and released it.

Red river New Mexico

Bonita springs Florida

Headed to Alaska in 8 days!!!!!!!!

Do you have the contact for the hook and stag hats? Mine finally bit the dust after 3 years and I need another. If you could pm me I'd sure appreciate it. Great hybrid by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
        Do you have the contact for the hook and stag hats? Mine finally bit the dust after 3 years and I need another. If you could pm me I'd sure appreciate it. Great hybrid by the way.
        Sent you a pm

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
          [QUOTEGoing to drive over to the river next weekend and get some hoppers wet. Some big ones have been starting to bite! These were caught in the last few weeks (not by me, unfortunately).
          Sweet baby jebus that is a monster

What river are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

First one is a 30 pound fish and second is a 20 pounder. White River. I've never come close to catching a brown in that class, but I have seen several of them!

Comment

Couple of firsts for me so far this summer...first snook and first peacock bass. Went 0 for 3 on 80-100 class tarpon, but wasn't able to land one.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
              Couple of firsts for me so far this summer...first snook and first peacock bass. Went 0 for 3 on 80-100 class tarpon, but wasn't able to land one.

South Florida or Amazon? That's a toad for a Florida pea! Congrats!

Comment

South Florida. 7.25lbs on the boga, getting a replica made by new wave considering the 12# FL fly record is 8lbs even

Comment

Caught a handful of smallies and some sunfish (including 2 Rio Grande Chichlids) out of the Blanco River last night. They were hitting and deer hair caddis style fly and a mini green hopper pretty good.

Comment

Tried my luck on some black drum this morning. They wouldn't eat anything I threw at them. Spoons, crab imitations, shrimp imitations in any color were refused. Very frustrating but I gathered myself and made a plan. Went right back to that flat with my bowfishing rig and hammered them.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3887.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	265.9 KB
ID:	24456183Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3751.JPG
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	24456184Click image for larger version

Name:	97B43A72-1793-4D00-9E06-88E60C207C86.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	24456185Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3446.JPG
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	24456186

1st summer really going after fish on the fly consistently and absolutely hooked

Comment

Son had a scout meeting tonight, so I grabbed the 4wt and tried a small pond around the corner from his meeting.

Caught this little guy after he gave up his location chasing something. All it took was one cast of the yellow mini hopper and rod was bending.

Comment

Some bluewater fly fishing from earlier this month

Full Report Here

Comment

I am so ready to go fishing...got to much to do. 2 more stands to setup. Tear down a feeder transport it and fill it. 1 more food plot. Then I can wet a hook.

Comment

You guys have been putting them in the net and are getting me worked up! Went out to Angel Fire last month and fished the Costillo, Los Pinos and Conejos in Colorado. we did not tear them up but had some success. Unfortunately I did not take but one fish pic.

Looking forward to heading up to fish the Madison, Henry's Fork, Yellowstone and whatever else the end of September.

Comment

No idea where we are going but heading up to visit my brother in Denver later part of September and he's booked us a trip for my birthday.

I'll post up once we are back from that. Still haven't fished the San Marcos....and I live there.

Comment

Working...
                                X