What do you think about this buck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think about this buck?

Really young with lots of potential or is he just a little deer? I'm hoping for option A but he just looks different to me. Last 2 pics are other bucks in same spot for reference (line their backs up with feeder panel behind them). While we are at it, how old do you think the other 2 are. Thanks!

...and if anyone can tell me how to keep pic quality when uploading, I would appreciate it. These are much better on my desktop.
    Attached Files

Appears young to me.

Comment

Tough to say from one pic but doesn’t appear to be young.
      Other two look older to me. I’d guess buck #3 is post mature.

Comment

Yep young buck, needs couple more years imo.

Comment

Is it just me or does deer #1 look photoshopped? I'm not saying it is, just saying something looks odd about it.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh yeah, he has a pass. Should have put pics of some 2 1/2 yr olds on here that are taller. Maybe he is just going to be something really good down the road. I hope so.

Comment

I agree, something looks a little off - reason I was asking. All from same game camera, i promise.

Comment

#1 is 3.5 I would say
                #2 is probably 6.5
                #3 is 7.5 I’m thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3 different bucks, at least 2 age catagories. Given the opportunity, I would shoot either of the later 2

Comment

Those are different deer, all have great potential in the coming years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I say he is younger than those other two, but also a smaller bodied deer.
                      Second deer is one step closer to the camera.
                      Third is a big old buck!
                      FWIW we had a badly wounded young deer that recovered, but he was 25-30 lbs less than our average dressed deer two yrs later.

Comment

Thanks team, the little ones head and everything looks different than the rest of the herd. He gets a pass no matter, just curious what the screen thought.

Comment

Call me crazy, I think number one might be super old. Big brisket, saggy skin on the neck, ankles look worn out, saggy jawline. I may very well be wrong, but i think he is old and small bodied.

Comment

Would like to see more pics.

Comment

Genetics, bad mamas, injury, illness, etc can all cause "one-offs" within a herd. I think the deer is older and maybe just a smaller frame. To an earlier point, the photo does look strange to me as well. Let us know what you figure out.

Comment

Working...
                              X