Good health/nutrition coach/mentor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any advice for such a thing in the Houston area?

Looking to get healthier, but without the fad/high pressure commercial programs that want you to buy their products.

Something more of a coach to get you in the right direction and advice on changing life habits/making better choices.

Once you decide to do it education is key. Its just about making choices at the grocery store. In my opinion the best option is dont eat processed food. Or eat as little as possible. Junk food should be fruit. Limit dairy and starch. Now as far as exercise start off walking 30 minutes a day and stretch. Add on push ups after a week. If you want a workout written I could help you with it. In not a coach or trainer but have studied and stayed in decent physical shape for years. Learning is key. Motivation for me comes from success

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Once you decide to do it education is key. Its just about making choices at the grocery store. In my opinion the best option is dont eat processed food. Or eat as little as possible. Junk food should be fruit. Limit dairy and starch. Now as far as exercise start off walking 30 minutes a day and stretch. Add on push ups after a week. If you want a workout written I could help you with it. In not a coach or trainer but have studied and stayed in decent physical shape for years. Learning is key. Motivation for me comes from success

This is very solid advice, only thing I would suggest is walking every other day for a couple of weeks to get started and buy the best shoes you can afford.

Buy some kind of fitness tracker that will track you heart rate and other exercise. I use a Garmin, there's lots of options out there.

Low carb eating has really been beneficial as well. Its not for everyone and you need to be prepared and educated before you head down that road.

Make reasonable goals and start slowly to avoid injury

Comment

Buy a $20-30 food scale and start weighing everything you eat. Get on myfitnesspal and record everything you eat. Those two things will help you be extremely successful.

Most people have no idea how many calories they eat each day. This will give you a really good idea of what you are consuming each day.

I changed my eating habits about 10 years ago. PM me if you want with any questions you may have.

One other thing to keep in mind and need to be honest about…… are you strong enough to keep yourself accountable or do you need someone to hold you accountable? If the latter then you absolutely need a coach/nutritionist to see weekly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by rtp; 09-22-2021, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X