PSA......Insurance advice..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA......Insurance advice..

I know that there are ALOT of good people doing without when it comes to medical insurance because of monthly cost and massive deductibles.

In case of a medical emergency that requires Careflite you can save yourself alot of heartache with the 49.00 Careflite yearly membership..

Its a 49.00 plan that I had no idea even existed..now I do.

I wished I knew about it last week, now I have a $36,605.00 bill from careflite and the rest of the Doc bills and Hospital bills have not even started coming in yet

10 min flight $3660.00 every 60 seconds...

I've had it for years. Started in the FD for $10/yr. Continued after I retired and became free when I turned 65.

Comment

Wow, my care flight was only around 15K.

Comment

Arent there multiple companies aside from careflight that do this? So if someone did the careflight plan, what if another carrier came instead?

Comment

I have Airlife Gardian Care

Comment

Just realized it doesn't go into effect till 2022

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
              I know that there are ALOT of good people doing without when it comes to medical insurance because of monthly cost and massive deductibles.

In case of a medical emergency that requires Careflite you can save yourself alot of heartache with the 49.00 Careflite yearly membership..

Its a 49.00 plan that I had no idea even existed..now I do.

I wished I knew about it last week, now I have a $36,605.00 bill from careflite and the rest of the Doc bills and Hospital bills have not even started coming in yet

10 min flight $3660.00 every 60 seconds...
              Man, I hope you/loved ones are OK. FYI, that air ambulance bill is usually easily negotiated for a one-time payment. They may take $10K (perhaps less depending on the company). All in the negotiation.

Comment

This is why you need insurance!

Cap that outta pocket max for major bills like this

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  This is why you need insurance!

Cap that outta pocket max for major bills like this
                  Insurance generally caps what they pay on a medical helicopter transport. If you are a member of Careflight or a similar company, they agree to accept whatever the insurance pays, thus the benefit of membership.

Comment

Working...
                  X