Tarpon Springs/Clearwater recs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna meet my wifes yiayia, so plan on eating lots of greek food haha. Pretty interesting lady, her husband was a monday night football announcer during OJ and all haha. However outside of family time, anyone have any must dos? Wife and I also have a date day open, was considering going fishing or something. All ears as I have never been.

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
    Gonna meet my wifes yiayia, so plan on eating lots of greek food haha. Pretty interesting lady, her husband was a monday night football announcer during OJ and all haha. However outside of family time, anyone have any must dos? Wife and I also have a date day open, was considering going fishing or something. All ears as I have never been.
    Watching also, will be there 7/26-8/4. I did have a customer recommend a “must try” restaurant called Columbia. https://www.columbiarestaurant.com/

Was originally going to find a fishing guide, and may still do it, but leaning away from it

Comment

If you’ve never been there before, the sponge dive boat trip is cool. Diver uses old school dive gear. It’s touristy but informative at the same time. Lots of good food options - seafood & Greek.

Comment

In for details. Leaving in the AM for St. Pete. Just a few miles down the beach.

Comment

Sure were some good Greek family style eating places there along docks years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCohiba View Post
            If you’ve never been there before, the sponge dive boat trip is cool. Diver uses old school dive gear. It’s touristy but informative at the same time. Lots of good food options - seafood & Greek.
            This sounds cool, that old school dive rig would be interesting to watch. Enjoy that Greek food.

Comment

You've got me crazy because I can't remember the name of a restaurant near Tarpon Springs!
              Finest seafood with a Greek touch.
              Older building, small, and totally comfortable.
              Can't find it on map apps....

Comment

Chels and I really enjoyed the sushi at Pisces in Dunedin

other than that, the area was not our style....way toooo many people

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                  Chels and I really enjoyed the sushi at Pisces in Dunedin

other than that, the area was not our style....way toooo many people
                  What time of the year were you there? The entire west coast gets overrun with snow birds during the winter. Summer much better - but I haven’t lived in FL for 15 years. I’m sure it’s changed...

Comment

What time of the year were you there? The entire west coast gets overrun with snow birds during the winter. Summer much better - but I haven’t lived in FL for 15 years. I’m sure it’s changed...

Last week

Lotta folks we talked to said they haven’t had an “off season”

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                      Last week

Lotta folks we talked to said they haven’t had an “off season”
                      Lots of “pent up” travel desire post Covid. Hell even the Gov of Michigan went to Florida in the midst of their “travel ban” due to covid

Comment

Working...
                      X