longest lasting combo pad lock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I have tried them all and they all bind up.

What have yall had the best success with outdoors?

Never had much luck with combination locks by Master.Maybe try a different brand.

Comment

We use the big Master locks that you can change the combination without a key. They have done the best. They have bigger numbers also makes them a little easier to read.

Comment

Oil and regular use is the only thing that works. If it’s a lock that stays outside and doesn’t get opened much, no BS, put a condom around it. It’ll be like new next time you use it

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
          Oil and regular use is the only thing that works. If it’s a lock that stays outside and doesn’t get opened much, no BS, put a condom around it. It’ll be like new next time you use it

One in question gets opened multiple time everyday.

Comment

I have had terrible luck with Master. Switched to Sesamee several years ago and thought they were great but the last few haven’t lasted.

Comment

Maybe try these guys out?

Comment

I have a gate with one of the bigger Master locks and use graphite in an aerosol can with great success. Has never failed since started using that, the small tube applicator allows you to get inside, hose it down till it comes out of the dials.

Comment

I put mine, in a zip lock bag.............
                  With a rubber band...........(and oil....lots of oil..............

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
                    I assume you use a lubed one?

Comment

I'm in the utility business and ops folks pretty much universally use the Master 175D for facilities. Vaults, gates, doors, chains... whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                        I'm in the utility business and ops folks pretty much universally use the Master 175D for facilities. Vaults, gates, doors, chains... whatever.

I can “open” those with a hammer in 6 seconds.[emoji16]

They drilled a well on our lease and the new pumper kept locking my lock out of the chain, I bet I “opened” 5 or 6, then I cut the chain so short it wouldn’t reach without using our lock, and left him a real sweet note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Dale Moser; 12-08-2020, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X